Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: OH FFS

If more people / children are introduced to firearms in a safe manner then this must be a good thing.

Not sure about the photographer taking a photo from the target looking towards shooters.....

I agree we dont need an American gun culture,NZ has its own proud gun culture and history.
    Pointer, mikee, 300CALMAN and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah I saw that too, more anti gun crap from stuff. Nz will never have an "American gun culture" due to a fairly robust licensing system and no first amendment etc
    Dead is better likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    Yeah I saw that too, more anti gun crap from stuff. Nz will never have an "American gun culture" due to a fairly robust licensing system and no first amendment etc
    Second.

But yes, more respect to the fact you must maintain fit and proper vs the RIGHT.

Tabloids got to have their click bait though to make their money

I think it could be a good thing if taught responsibly. Risk assessment is not taught these days. Kids are wrapped in cotton wool, but are given a high powered car when they turn 16 or 18.
    Buy the slug rifle, teach them, supervision is key. Buy them a pocket knife, teach them risk assessment. New zealand was built by no.8 wire, 303's, and a can do attitude( well, south zealand anyway).
    Wringing of hands and worrying them to death doesn't work.
    Stop our kids turning into hippy frontbums now.
    veitnamcam, EeeBees, mikee and 6 others like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

I feel for the guy who lost his son to an air rifle shot, but also have to wonder if closer supervision and more education would have prevented it.
    Plenty of youngster are killed and injured on the roads each year, but I don't hear the parents demanding that we ban motor vehicles.
    veitnamcam, EeeBees, mikee and 5 others like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I feel for the guy who lost his son to an air rifle shot, but also have to wonder if closer supervision and more education would have prevented it.
    There was way more to that case than an "accidental discharge".

Plenty of youngster are killed and injured on the roads each year, but I don't hear the parents demanding that we ban motor vehicles.
    Like my neighbour: Went off the deep end at me when I offered (to the husband) to take them to the small bore range. Kids were like 8 and 10, would have loved it. Nope, she lost her shit in a big way. Same stupid bint drives her two kids around on bald-as-fuck tyres on both their vehicles (a Captiva and a Passat), for well over a year. The Captiva was so bad you couldn't see a tread pattern anymore. But no, I'm the devil. Unreal.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Comments disabled on article... wonder why
    Cordite likes this.

Not a David Tipple fan at all, but yes what a good idea, see the link further down the page about kindy kids having to sit their firearms license before playing with pretend guns. love it, its all about education.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

People get run over on the roads, they teach road safety at school. People drown in rivers and ocean, they teach water safety and swimming. None of these things are asked to be banned. Firearms use used to be taught in schools.

People have been killed here with axes, hammers and baseball bats, yet trees, buildings and baseball have not been asked to be banned. There have been a number of deaths with trees falling on people in the logging industry and log cartage accidents where safety awareness in now being taken more seriously. Why is it that firearms, where comparatively there are few deaths, are there calls for so many more restrictions?
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Well we used to run-a-round with air rifles as kids in the seventies, ok they were pretty weak in comparasion to modern ones but still capable of taking an eye out or unluckey myna bird. Good on Tipple for trying. City folk are afraid of the bogieman who runs around killing people willy nilly or of firearms in general. Wouldn't it be fun to track down the vocal ranters and tip their skellatons out of the closet.
    Tommy, 300CALMAN and keneff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

People get run over on the roads, they teach road safety at school. People drown in rivers and ocean, they teach water safety and swimming. None of these things are asked to be banned. Firearms use used to be taught in schools.

People have been killed here with axes, hammers and baseball bats, yet trees, buildings and baseball have not been asked to be banned. There have been a number of deaths with trees falling on people in the logging industry and log cartage accidents where safety awareness in now being taken more seriously. Why is it that firearms, where comparatively there are few deaths, are there calls for so many more restrictions?
    could it be that "man hit by car" does not sell as many papers as Man Shot" (accidentally or otherwise)
    gadgetman, stingray, Pengy and 1 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    All power to Tipple' right arm! There should be more of this in my view. Oh and Tommy, from now on I'll be calling you Li'l Lucifer.
    Tommy likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

And the argument they keep bringing up that guns are designed to kill is great. So too is the main equipment for baseball, cricket and golf. They are all adaptions of the caveman's favourite tool the club! Hey, golf still uses the term.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!