Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Pogo on National radio

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...ing-ram-raids/

Gets funny about a 1/3rd of the way in. She also admits the system failed with tarrant. I think this may be the audio the OP was looking for.

Or maybe this one: https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...n-this-budget/
    Not the one I was looking for but pretty similar.
    What a lot of stumbling and fluffing by Poto eh, lots of deflection and unanswered questions.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Yes, unfortunately ACT's surge in support was at the cost of National at that time, and now those same voters are drifting back to the Nat's at ACT's expense.
    You are right that most ACT supporters came from the Nats and are slowly drifting back.
    In saying that there are a lot of people who voted labour who are not at all happy with the current path they are taking and drifting towards eithe ACT or Nats.

I can see a position where an ACT/Nat government gets in next election with a decent amount of support still goign to ACT, certainly not just 1-2%.

Thats what I hear talking to real people, I've stopped following Politics via the media as it's not worth wasting time on.
    tetawa, Feral and 40mm like this.

Good on mike for sticking it to her, if only she could give a straight answer though

If anyone wants a giggle and works in IT, go check out the cops email certs on their email gateways.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    If anyone wants a giggle and works in IT, go check out the cops email certs on their email gateways.
    Not in IT but sounds fascinating. Expired certs lending themselves to being vulnerable?

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

self signed.

Gone but not forgotten
    Seven firearm incidents in Auckland last night
    The Herald said Luxon had this to say…
    If he were making the calls to toughen up on a crime, he told the AM Show this morning that he would start by reallocating the $210 million for a firearm registrar into a firearms prohibition that would give police search warrant powers to go after illegal guns.

It sounds like he realises it’s the illegal firearms that are the problem, not the legal ones.
    tetawa, Feral, chainsaw and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    If he were making the calls to toughen up on a crime, he told the AM Show this morning that he would start by reallocating the $210 million for a firearm registrar into a firearms prohibition that would give police search warrant powers to go after illegal guns.

It sounds like he realises it’s the illegal firearms that are the problem, not the legal ones.
    Sounds good in theory but hate for them to have it with the mentality they have now for normal FA owners.
    Could cause a lot of mischief and pain for normal people

The cynic in me thinks the next step will be to recoup the $210mil from licence holders.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Meanwhile, all the usual websites are reporting about 7 shootings that took place yesterday in Auckland. Anyone else feeling loved yet?

From her profile page on the labour website:
    “My aspiration is for communities where everyone has a place, everyone has a voice and we are all loved.”

Yeah I read that too but it didn't make sense to me, surely the police already have those powers, if they have evidence they can get search warrants now right? Could just be poor journalism though and maybe something else was said

He'd be better off using the $210 million to set up an standalone firearms licensing authority and free up Police for policing
    Gibo, BSA and JessicaChen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by imaca View Post
    Yeah I read that too but it didn't make sense to me, surely the police already have those powers, if they have evidence they can get search warrants now right? Could just be poor journalism though and maybe something else was said

He'd be better off using the $210 million to set up an standalone firearms licensing authority and free up Police for policing
    not just a policing issue though is it.
    ground level cops bust a meth lab/dealer ( at serious personal risk to themselves) seize a kilo or 20 of crystal death and a dozen illegal firearms
    judge lets the sentences for drugs and guns get served concurrently or forgets about illegal guns altogether
    the dealers must be shaking in their boots ...oooh i might even get some home detention for my illegal gun, i can sit at home and play on my PS5 i bought by selling meth to 12 year olds