Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Probably Just Looking for a Toilet

Banned

Probably Just Looking for a Toilet

Man carries two rifles down street in Thames

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...reet-in-thames

A man wearing camouflage gear walked down a Thames street carrying two firearms on Friday night.

It got several people's attention in the Coromandel town, most of whom rang police.

Then he fired one of the guns. Police got there soon after.

It all happened about 10.30pm, Waikato police Senior Sergeant Simon Cherry said.

Police received multiple calls about the man, who has since been "detained".

He said the 48-year-old wore camouflage clothing and appeared to be carrying two rifles down Banks Street.

One pellet was fired, Cherry said, but no one was injured and the police now have possession of the firearms.

"one pellet was fired" so my take is they were air rifles....

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    "one pellet was fired" so my take is they were air rifles....
    Nothing quite like accurate reporting huh????? One pellet fired would definitely suggest air rifle or BB gun. .

That one links to this one

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime...ce-chase-crash and the opening paragrah speaks volumes about our media accuracy now.

A police car chase that began with a petrol station drive-off has ended with the feeling suspect suffering "serious injuries" after crashing his vehicle. What was he feeling? Scared? Brave? Stupid? His cock? Bloody numpties cannot even spell FLEEING correctly, how in hells name would we expect them to get a simple thing like a FACT correct?

And to be clear, these are not Police chases. These are Fleeing drivers. The whole fault and responsibility lies with the dickhead that decides to flee. In which case I see his "serious injuries" as a direct result of his own stupid actions.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Nothing quite like accurate reporting huh????? One pellet fired would definitely suggest air rifle or BB gun. .
    @timattalon
    As long as it isn't like England. Actually aussie is a little like that.
    Not only will the press report that they were found with 100's of bullets (well a brick of 22 ammo has 500) to make it sound like ww3, the cops (I was told this by a pommie I worked with 20 odd years ago so I will stand corrected if wrong) will charge you for every bullet found. accumulative. pack of shottyx25, riflex20.
    Not sure about air rifle as that would get big real quick.
    outlander likes this.

Lol bit different to where i am in the states at the moment with "pawn for guns" shops and people that grab their guns when you stop tonask directions..
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @timattalon
    As long as it isn't like England. Actually aussie is a little like that.
    Not only will the press report that they were found with 100's of bullets (well a brick of 22 ammo has 500) to make it sound like ww3, the cops (I was told this by a pommie I worked with 20 odd years ago so I will stand corrected if wrong) will charge you for every bullet found. accumulative. pack of shottyx25, riflex20.
    Not sure about air rifle as that would get big real quick.
    Not sure about this, an airgun is not a firearm, but if it *looks* like a firearm then someone can be charged with presenting a firearm if his/her actions allow for that.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

SiB
    Let Darwin’s Law apply......

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Not sure about this, an airgun is not a firearm, but if it *looks* like a firearm then someone can be charged with presenting a firearm if his/her actions allow for that.
    Any "specially dangerous airgun" is a firearm under the Arms Act. But to be "specially dangerous" it has to be declared as such by the Governor General.

there are a lot of "special" people in thames we had one working for us who thought the predator was standing on the roof of the gull station watching him.....the roofers working across the road were CIA and those were a couple of his least out there things.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    That one links to this one

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime...ce-chase-crash and the opening paragrah speaks volumes about our media accuracy now.

A police car chase that began with a petrol station drive-off has ended with the feeling suspect suffering "serious injuries" after crashing his vehicle. What was he feeling? Scared? Brave? Stupid? His cock? Bloody numpties cannot even spell FLEEING correctly, how in hells name would we expect them to get a simple thing like a FACT correct?

And to be clear, these are not Police chases. These are Fleeing drivers. The whole fault and responsibility lies with the dickhead that decides to flee. In which case I see his "serious injuries" as a direct result of his own stupid actions.
    Agree 100%. "What was he feeling, his cock?" I'm speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Any "specially dangerous airgun" is a firearm under the Arms Act. But to be "specially dangerous" it has to be declared as such by the Governor General.
    Are you sure about the Governor General part? What would Cindy, or for that matter Shonkey and Winnie make of it? The rules of those who rule our lives, aye?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Are you sure about the Governor General part? What would Cindy, or for that matter Shonkey and Winnie make of it? The rules of those who rule our lives, aye?
    Read the Arms Act 1983. Section 4.
    outlander and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Read the Arms Act 1983. Section 4.
    Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    If you need a firearms license to own an air rifle under 18-its a firearm at least for media anyway
    outlander likes this.