Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By Beavis
  • 1 Post By 308
  • 2 Post By SiB
  • 14 Post By mikee
  • 2 Post By Gibo
  • 2 Post By Rushy
  • 3 Post By Reliable

Thread: The Problem Girlfriend question.

The Problem Girlfriend question.

Hi, someone must have had this one before-Girlfriend spewed when I complained about her and her criminal kid- so like a mug? I called the police and they attended.

The Question I have is that when you are interviewed for FAL is this taken into account?/ and how long in time or how many kms away would it be considered acceptable to me to live.

Had thought of Greenland or Iceland would have been the ultimate choice , though happy enough in NZ.

Thanks in advance.

What?
    Dougie likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome to the forum Reliable. Known associations with gangs and criminals is certainly a question that gets asked by the arms officers interviewing referees for FAL renewals.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

More detail required

If you are the innocent complainant and she is out of the picture completely then your FAL should be safe. After all, if you were walking down the street and someone assaulted you with no provocation you wouldn't lose your FAL over that.

As for how far away, have you ever heard of the 50 mile rule? Long enough to commute for your work and far enough away not to run into her in the shops.

All of this is assuming that you are completely innocent and didn't do anything to provoke her

And don't pick a nutcase next time - there are always early signs if you are looking
    steven likes this.

SiB
    If you're in a situation where you quite reasonably know that a call to the Police was necessary, and the kids mum (your gf) isn't agreeing, you're asking for relationship and personal grief if you allow your own standards of what's right n wrong to be comprised. I'm an old bugger who's been step dad more than once. Frankly; in the long run, getting your FAL is a minor worry compared to the grief ahead if you allow said crim to set the rules. You're no mug. You're asking advice and that's bloody good. Stay with what is good and true. And communication is important. Relationship, life and general advice session over. PM me if this resonates.
    Maca49 and PERRISCICABA like this.

While you asked a serious question and I am sure things will work out fine.

Maybe you should select the replacement girlfriend V2.0 based upon the below matrix
    peril 787b, Dougie, Toby and 11 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I no things become a problem for a Firearms licence holder when Protection orders come into play, and it does not take much to get one issued, as I serve enough of them on folks.
    Firearms conditions
    When a temporary Protection Order is made the respondent must hand in any firearms within 24 hours, or earlier if required by the Police. Their firearms licence will also be suspended. If the respondent has access to firearms or weapons the Police, the Court or the applicant's lawyer must be told. Once the Order is made final their firearms licence will be revoked unless the respondent has satisfied the Court that the applicant will be safe.
    Of course I am not saying things are this bad (Reliable) lol.

Im a little confused here.....'spewed'?

did she hit you?

or,

did she report you to the police? for hitting her?

or,

You rang the police over the criminal actions of your [ex?]-girlfriend's child?

Sounds more interesting that Corro street, LOL...
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Nah...sounds like he rang the cops...silly bugger...cops always take the side of the female...write their names and phone numbers in their little books so they can nip back for a bit on the side...under "further questioning", of course.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

I had no idea this was s relationship forum
    ebf and steven like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I had no idea this was s relationship forum
    You looking for a lover that won't blow you cover Gibo? I'm looking for a lady who is more than a little shady.
    Gibo and Gunzrrr like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

@Reliable need a bit more info there... Have been in a position with a crazy ex where I handed my guns in to avoid any issues. Good mates down at the local sports store held onto my guns while she lost the plot. Bit more info or PM if its a touchy subject. Cheers

1 ) Stay calm , and reasonable thru out , in time the Police will see the truth of what she is , however at the start , YOU are the problem .

2 ) Be pro-active & keep ahead of the game , and list & move all your firearms to a dealer or mate with correct licences , & of course inform the Police of what you have done & maybe hand your licence in .
    3 ) As your girlfriend has purposilly lied , the relationship IS over , as such you need to leave her ASAP .
    4 ) Re-start your life .

Had a mate that had a un-stable girl friend ( nutjob ) , she lied to Police to hurt him , 1st thing they did , was believe everything she said , 2nd thing was take his guns away .

Later Chris

Hopefully that comes out and the Police prosecute her.....

Im dead against all violence but lying like this should also be taken seriously.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

OK- thanks to all-video was great. Answer so far worked out-(never had FAL - so new apply) - Leave-and stay away-take easy going friends to retrieve assets (stuff)-drop air rifle off at shop for service or sell regardless.Never be on own-at least wearable recording device.
    Re FAL- Told I can attend mountain safety course get card-apply for license a bit later, once shifted-prob the 50 km/mile away; she will be interviewed-though such is life.

To clarify- I phoned police, as considered she was acting as a threat/and 24 yr old kid-in rural north. Discussion started through basically 'misappropriating' my tools, maybe or maybe not denting in car doors-of course the good one,wanting to grow lots plants in my space = the main overt issue. (No firearms involved- partway through discussion put unloaded air rifle totally away and pellets in different place.)

Yes-very valid about early signs-1; when you're hunting you learn that, 2;always thought I could fix anything--not this one-even 5 yrs on .And me being older/parented kids/responsible career positions etc.

Hopefully adds to the pool of- glad it wasn't me/now I know/make a good script for shortland st/geez why didn't you?
    AzumitH, kiwi39 and Oldmout like this.