Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Really bad hunting situation

Really bad hunting situation

Up for debate - this fellas whole approach.
    -The extreme close range and the scoped weapon. I know He wouldn't have been expecting to have to shoot that close but I reckon He shouldn't have shot at all (just my opinion)

What would you lads have done? How many would have taken the shot - just curious....

LiveLeak.com - Moose is Shot and Does a Somersault

SiB
    The animal appeared to be heading towards him. He was certainly far too slow attempting a 2nd shot to dispatch the animal - there was a good chance, well before the dog got in the way.

Inexperience - the camera was rolling for the memory, so the decision to shoot was certainly a choice he made.

I think the issue is failing to dspatch quickly. I feel for the animal - looks like it took the shot across the crest of its neck
    Scouser likes this.

Banned
    Fucktard! to say the least, what was he thinking not putting the second shot in? he just watched it walk away perhps he tracked it later? if not that more than likely had a hard death i feel sorry for it.That guy needs to give himself a fucken upper cut ten times.
    BRADS likes this.

What. A. Fucking. Retard.

Agreed with all the above, absolutely uneccessary. Super slow, maybe Neckshot can give him another 10 uppercuts after he's finished. Complete c&*t!!!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    wat she said, yup dum fuc

It looks like it was a driven moose (Europe, but on the ''other site'' they'd argue that it was a NZ moose haha) where they chase them towards the hunters who are stationed in strategic positions.

These guys have to pass very tough shooting tests to get their license to shoot like this, much tougher than we have in NZ...but I guess it doesn't always go to plan. That shot looked good to me, but then the dog got in the way so he opted not to take the second shot, which was a very wise move. I encounter this type of situation every day (well not a moose haha) where I opt not to fire due to dogs in the way.

kj

Bugger it's killing me , can't get that to start on my iPad , anyone any tips so I watch this clip ?
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

If it was driven, then he wasnt really up to it, seem suprised,there was a shot when it was coming up to him.but hey it's easy from the comfort of the lounge
    I remember some crack members of the police doing the same with a dog
    Gets more difficult the closer they come
    Wirehunt likes this.

Banned
    shot it again while the mutt is close it will only get n the way once.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Bugger it's killing me , can't get that to start on my iPad , anyone any tips so I watch this clip ?
    Get a Nexus 7 or 10

#ifreak

Fulla
    maybe should have looked down the barrel instead of the scope at that range. but its all too easy to say sitting at a computer at home instead of being there. i can understand not wanting to shoot the dog by mistake. thats just hunting, it doesnt allways go to plan.
    gadgetman likes this.

Ejected
    Be fucked, it was borderline long range. Well for Fiordland.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Imagine thr comments if he shot the dog.. this is hunting people its not thr prettiest sight as you all well know!!!

We go on an on bout others shooting others and other shooting accidents but when someone shows resraint you bag him!!! Yet if hed gone the other direction and taken the shot ud have bagged him then as well... it was unfortunate the animal got up in a hurry and took off not giving the opurtunity for the killing shot!!!!

Banned
    I reckon he had ample time for the second shot were the dog was well out of way.

Hard to judge from behind a computer screen, but looks as if he was a bit unsure as to what to do. The first hit looked good, no problem. The beast looked down for the count and he thought it was in its death throws. The dog certainly f&%ked things up there a bit too, but I agree realistically he had enough time to put another shot in. You don't know what kind of experience the guy had though. You put someone in that same position where they've only shot a handful of animals and none that close and see what they do! I learnt pretty quickly that if in doubt send another one as I had the same thing happen to me when I was 16. Roared a big stag in in tight bush, he broke through the pungas at less than 4 metres, I tried to get him in the scope but ended up shooting from the hip. Stag dropped but immediately stood up and plowed off into a gully. It happened so fast I hadn't chambered another round so the opportunity for a 2nd shot was lost. Fortunately the stag only made it 40 metres before bleeding out. In the heat of the moment at close range like that this guys was probably that pumped on adrenalin he's not thinking properly. He might have thought the moose was going to stand up, give him a full broadside where he could shoot again. Also there could've been a bit of bravado going on too maybe? Camera rolling, first shots a good one...makes me look good, so won't use a second cos it'll look bad etc. Either way he f*&ked it up.

Probably a good thing it wasn't an angry mature bull or a lion
    Speill and Scouser like this.