Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Remmington to change trigger

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/re...222351275.html

The proposed settlement covers some of the world's most popular rifles, including Remington models 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722 and 725. All contain a tiny internal part known as a "trigger connector"

click the link within the article there is a clip of army guys using a faulty gun
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 06-05-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Yeah I have had my trigger replaced but also I have never had it fire off on it's own.
    Not sure I buy in to the it's the guns fault and as for the clip of the guy whose round had not fired and then touched the bolt and it went off he was pointing it in a safe direction so no danger there. I also don't know enough about ammunition to say whether it could have been a very slow fuse or something else.
    I would say that it is always a shame when someone dies but in all honesty that would not have happened if the gun was being pointed in a safe direction. The one about the kid running behind something and the mother shooting the kid shows that the area was not safe.
    Damn shame to see that happen.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

I own 2 Rem M 700 rifles that are part of the recall. I have never had any trouble with mine. I did not want to deal with all the factory aggravation and i did not want to remove my scopes so I ordered 2 Timney triggers and I had a local gunsmith install and adjust them. Both of these .308 stainless rifles shoot 1" MOA sometimes smaller. I really like them.

I have left my trigger alone, the hassle for me to pack it up, courier it somewhere at what seems like my cost...
    Would have thought that the retailers could have stepped in and helped where the rifle was purchased, but nope... and it was bought after the recall was announced...