Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: unlawful hunting and having a firearm without a licence

unlawful hunting and having a firearm without a licence

After reading the article I feel gutted for everyone

How is it that someone can not only been snapped out poaching (again) but also having a firearm with no license and leaving it on top of a longdrop for anyone else to get there hands on
    and only gets 90days community service

What a slap in the face of everyone with a licence and everyone who is against this type of carry on.

Poacher hid his rifle on top of long-drop toilet | Stuff.co.nz

Is baffles the mind to think how little the court system thinks of this type of behaviour

Ordered to forfeit his torches, for poaching at 3 in the afternoon. Seems appropriate
    199p and JoshC like this.

It in fact shows just how rarified and stage managed the justice system is. me Well you lot who know me ,dont need a PhD to fucking realise if i was the beak, this prick would have been feeling like a pommy cricketer ,all shagged out and no place to go.
    As though farmers havent got enough on their bloody plates without shit heads like this
    .Fuck me rigid,your honour ,the bloody evidence is overwhelming -,arsewipe has no conscience or decency ,smack him clean out the court door -doesnt matter if its still shut -most would applaud your actions.
    Pengy, Maca49 and Survy like this.

Need to petition the crown to appeal his sentence. As a law abiding firearms owner/user the best way to differentiate yourself from fuckheads like this is to make sure they don't get a slap on the wrist, and also to be SEEN to be making sure of it. This kinda shit pisses me off no end. It's not far removed from armed robbery FFS

People were hanged for this once

Judge Zohrab also ordered Currie to forfeit his rifle, ammunition, hunting knife and torches.
    But not the rubber gloves. Not the rubber gloves !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    People were hanged for this once
    and it's a fucken good thing we stopped that
    Kscott likes this.

"high-powered rifle"

There's those words again........

Anyway, this guy's a cock sucker and clearly deserved more than what he got. I just CANNOT for the life me of understand the mindset of people who poach, unless you are starving and lost I see absolutely no attraction to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    No it's not, I wouldn't happen if we still stretched necks!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    No it's not, I wouldn't happen if we still stretched necks!
    Crime doesn't stop with capital punishment, hence why people get executed when there is capital punishment. It doesn't work as a disincentive and I'm pretty happy that the government doesn't have the power to murder me on a whim currently, all things considered
    mikee and DanS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Need to petition the crown to appeal his sentence. As a law abiding firearms owner/user the best way to differentiate yourself from fuckheads like this is to make sure they don't get a slap on the wrist, and also to be SEEN to be making sure of it. This kinda shit pisses me off no end. It's not far removed from armed robbery FFS
    I agree if I get done for not doing things right with my firearms, I'm pretty sure I get worse and lose my licence and firearms, because I have an FAL the sentence would be worse, probably need to be made an example of!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Crime doesn't stop with capital punishment, hence why people get executed when there is capital punishment. It doesn't work as a disincentive and I'm pretty happy that the government doesn't have the power to murder me on a whim currently, all things considered
    It does stop re offending?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep. I have a relative on dad's side that was one of the last to be hung by the English. 90 days community service is cheap.

Well, fuck me! There's a reason why we don't have the death penalty anymore!
    Now if you guys are reading this you will believe the following; the earth is square, 1080 is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Do you not think it's strange that a convicted poacher and illegal firearms criminal only got 90 hrs?
    And I'm sure you guys have noticed how there's no mention of the "associate" that was also involved! Who just happened to be a licensed firearms user. Well fuck me, he still has his FAL and his firearms. Oh did I mention how the associate just happened to be the occupier of the.........sorry can't say anymore.
    If anybody tried to Google poaching in this area they might see a certain...........try and work it out.
    Yes there's still more to it, there always is. Are we still all keen on hanging now?

either go ahead and share what you're so desperate to tell us or just don't bother posting at all, it's quite tedious when people try to be smugly superior and hint about ~*knowing more than you*~