Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Wtf

Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Yeh I saw that on the news last night. I don't reckon there is any way in hell that he will get his firearms license restored. If the Police don't opposed that then it would make a mockery of the licensing process.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Yeh I saw that on the news last night. I don't reckon there is any way in hell that he will get his firearms license restored. If the Police don't opposed that then it would make a mockery of the licensing process.
    My thoughts exactly , I'm not sure but is this the cocksucker that shot the poor bloke at like 16 mts then did a runner ( later to say he was going for help ) ?
    stingray likes this.

Personally I think 4 months improsonment is a joke. It hardly puts any fear up us (hunters) about being punished severely for not following the firearm rules does it.
    And to allow someone that has clearly not followed said rules to be back amongst the ones that do and other wildlife users would shameless.
    Munsey and BRADS like this.

Police have already said he won't be getting it, according to the news last night.
    Dougie likes this.

ebf
    Read it this morning. Absolutely dumbfounded...

The problem is that he probably is already out there hunting with a mate's firearm.

When will we learn ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

ebf
    Question for any members of the Welly Deerstalkers.

Has Dummer's membership been suspended or is he still around ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

U think he's more or less dangerous to have out hunting now? U know than someone who perhaps thinks that it can never happen to him?

I don't support him, but its less clear to me that his choices should be made by other people.

No way should he be allowed near a firearm again......we all know the 7 'commandments' and he has broken no1 in my book, after taking someones life, it should be written into the law, that he is never allowed a FAL again....just my 2c

And as for @7mmwsm question, i would not (just my opinion again) compare driving to shooting, if someone is found guilty of reckless driving causing death, they should also never be allowed behind a wheel again!!!!!!
    Boaraxa and ExPoh75 like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I think he'd probably be safer having killed someone once he would be making damn sure it wouldn't happen again. imo

But then if he was to get his fal back then it's not very fair in the sense he has killed someone and gets to go back to doing what he loves so I think no for that reason. Not because he would shoot someone again.
    Speill, stingray and Pengy like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

This is the worst thing possible, and I hope Chis Drummer reads this.
    He displays a complete lack of self awareness and shouldn’t be allowed near a rifle again. Not even a toy one.
    I know him, and he knows me. Others on here will too. I was once on a hunting trip with him, and hunted with him for a day.
    He was a disaster waiting to happen.

What he had to say at the inquest was disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    U think he's more or less dangerous to have out hunting now? U know than someone who perhaps thinks that it can never happen to him?

I don't support him, but its less clear to me that his choices should be made by other people.
    He has proven he cannot make good ones for himself
    Tahr and shift14 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I think he'd probably be safer having killed someone once he would be making damn sure it wouldn't happen again. imo

But then if he was to get his fal back then it's not very fair in the sense he has killed someone and gets to go back to doing what he loves so I think no for that reason. Not because he would shoot someone again.
    Thanks Tahr, your judgement on this, especially as you know the bloke is something we should all take note of, as I trust your opinion.
    BRADS, 308, Scouser and 1 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    He has proven he cannot make good ones for himself
    Agreed. He has displayed random behaviour in more than one facet of his life. It's mainly been kept below the horizon since the shooting. Now though, on the back of the inquest and on what others' know about him, he should be protected from himself.

This does does not make him a bad man, nor should it vindictive. It's a simple thing really; bar him from firearms to keep him safe, others safe, and to preserve the reputation of shooting sports.

Man you gotta feel for the parents....1st they lose their son, then the guy who caused it only serves 4 months (pathetic in my opinion) and now he's saying I want my licence back so I can hunt again.....they probably going to inquest for some closure and get kicked in the guts instead!