Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By R93
  • 2 Post By Bryan
  • 1 Post By PerazziSC3

Thread: 2 Kiwi world champions

R93

2 Kiwi world champions

Congrats to the 2 Kiwis that won world titles with their shotguns shooting mudpies recently.
    Won on their club grounds as well.
    Would be pretty special I reckon👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wirehunt, Bryan and Munsey like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Waikato duo win world trapshooting titles | Stuff.co.nz

Great to see the Kiwis doing so well. I Personally know Jon and the world title couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.
    Munsey and Whirinaki Hunter like this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Good skills
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Yep was bloody good comp. I unfortunately bombed on the first day but happy with the next 2 days scores. Johnny is a top shot and good mate, couldn't go to a more deserving fulla. His home club is huntly, same as myself, not bad for a small country club!

Was a well run event. Was lucky to be part of it also. Two deserved champions.

That is fantastic shooting .
    I take my hat off to them .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

And a Fiocchi shooter too!!!!
    Great effort indeed, shame their parent body dosen't see it, still the same old photo's on the NZCTA web site from 2013.
    You would think with then (NZCTA) being the host and two NZ winners they would be shouting from the roof tops.
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
    I know a couple of good sporting shots who went up and came home defeated, but knowing their style they would have found it impossible not being able to chat and wind each other up on the mark!!
    TV3 came to the party though: NZ dominates clay shooting champs - Story - 3 Sport - 3 News.

Really proud of a young bloke we introduced to trapshooting earned himself 3rd place in the B grade Dtl. Well done David!

Not taking it away from the competitors in any way, but still no 'Shouting from the rooftops' by the parent body. Did no one send the papers a photo, write up, anything? Proactive it won't happen by itself.
    We need to promote our sport not hide it away especially winning World Championships!!!
    Glad your young bloke did so well, hopefully you will bring him into the Sporting code, sorry I know an unashamed attempt to up Sporting Clay shooter numbers!!

Quote Originally Posted by madds View Post
    Not taking it away from the competitors in any way, but still no 'Shouting from the rooftops' by the parent body. Did no one send the papers a photo, write up, anything? Proactive it won't happen by itself.
    We need to promote our sport not hide it away especially winning World Championships!!!
    Glad your young bloke did so well, hopefully you will bring him into the Sporting code, sorry I know an unashamed attempt to up Sporting Clay shooter numbers!!
    There was quite a lot of media coverage, crowd goes wild 3 news one news nz herald and so on. all of that is organised by the parent body, thought it actually wasnt to bad in that respect for once
    Whirinaki Hunter likes this.

PerazziSC3, I saw TV3's story and on Stuff, and I know that getting any shooting on is hard, and I should know I work for TV1.
    My issue, is that the parent body should be trumpeting it themselves on their own web site. Still nothing and there is the perfect photo vehicle on the front page.
    It is quite well known if you do all the work for the Press (any papers) send in results, photos your chances of getting something covered are substantially better.
    An Association of their size dosen't even have a media person, several of us offered to help 20 years ago, but it was totallypoohoo'd (??) and the wise men wondered why we would even need such an animal.
    We are becoming an endangered animal and everytime we can show ourselves in a good light or even just being out there, does our sport no harm.
    I have absolutely no issue with the event itself, and it sounds like Waikato did a brilliant job, despite the Association, and any World Championship down here is to be applauded!!