Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By mikee
  • 2 Post By mcche171
  • 1 Post By gonetropo

Thread: Benelli Sbe3 thoughts and Opinions

Benelli Sbe3 thoughts and Opinions

I would like to get a discussion going. Duck month is just around the corner and this gun has had two seasons?? In NZ so far. What do you guys who have owned or used one of these think on them. The look sweeter than a warm apple pie, but I keep reading they shoot high. Thinking about ticking one up on the old Q card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, whilst I cant answer your question based on my own experience, my Dad has been using one of these for the past twelve months on pest control and he talks very fondly of it, its often used from a helicopter on wallabies etc so does some real high volume days and needs to be reliable, im sure he mentioned the other day it has had about 3000 rounds through it so far with no problems
    Micky Duck likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

assuming you already have it and they come with shims to allow them to fit you and they shoot high then either thats the way you set it up OR it was set up by someone else to shoot high with out your knowledge. Either that or your gun mount is flawed or not consistent or both.
    tetawa and Micky Duck like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    assuming you already have it and they come with shims to allow them to fit you and they shoot high then either thats the way you set it up OR it was set up by someone else to shoot high with out your knowledge. Either that or your gun mount is flawed or not consistent or both.
    I like the benelli cordoba and shot well with it but can't get past having to bend over to pick up all the empties
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I had one. They are a great gun, but yes they shoot high, and shimming it to the extreme can fix it, but you might need to get your head fixed too. They are super light and are great for jump shooting ponds or low-medium numbers. As a do some goose culling, as well as a high amount of duck shooting, i sold it and bought the new A400 Extreme plus. 1/4 of the recoil and felt better for me.

They SBE3 is a great gun and stupidly easy to clean and use. The new bolt spring which improves the bolt heads ability to rotate really works.

I would go to one of the hunting and fishing shoots and try all of them. The one that fits and feels the best is the one to buy.
    Micky Duck and ChrisW like this.

while not denying the benelli is a great gun i would suggest you try a Fabarm as well, they shoot great and 1/2 the cost. handles 1 oz load up to magnums with ease and very soft on the shoulder.
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    I had one. They are a great gun, but yes they shoot high, and shimming it to the extreme can fix it, but you might need to get your head fixed too. They are super light and are great for jump shooting ponds or low-medium numbers. As a do some goose culling, as well as a high amount of duck shooting, i sold it and bought the new A400 Extreme plus. 1/4 of the recoil and felt better for me.

They SBE3 is a great gun and stupidly easy to clean and use. The new bolt spring which improves the bolt heads ability to rotate really works.

I would go to one of the hunting and fishing shoots and try all of them. The one that fits and feels the best is the one to buy.
    I second this - go and try both the SBE3 and the A400 Xtreme Plus at one of the Beretta try before you buy events.

I had an A400 aleady, and although it was a beautiful thing to look at and had all the gizmos it just did not feel and swing right for me.

Back on the SBE3, when you “drop” the stock, as in shim the stock so the butt pad is facing more towards the ground ( gun horizontal) as much as possible. Will that lower the POI??

Yes it does, but need to be mindful of your sight picture. It worked for me as i have to shim my guns down anyway, but for a normal shooter it may mean the bead drops below the receiver

Has anyone had any issues with the SBE3 jamming? I bought a new one for this season and it is a dog - every second or third time it will not recycle and jams. Seems to not be fussy about what loads it jams on (both light bird shot and goose loads will jam) either or what brand of ammo I am using.

That doesnt sound right, back to the shop I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by tussockjumpa View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with the SBE3 jamming? I bought a new one for this season and it is a dog - every second or third time it will not recycle and jams. Seems to not be fussy about what loads it jams on (both light bird shot and goose loads will jam) either or what brand of ammo I am using.
    What was the issue? Hope the warranty went smooth.