Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By lophortyx

Thread: benelli silenced?

benelli silenced?

Name:  P1020491.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  200.9 KB i decided to obtain a shotgun with a silencer. i bought a benelli pump because it is a four shot,they are about one pound lighter than the alternatives and i also happen to like benellis. that said i do think they are way overpriced.why should a gun that retails between $399-$535 in the usa, cost in nz $1500-$1600 ???.like all benelli's the parts are all easy to manufacture and streamlined in construction.ie.healthy profit margin. how does it perform.well with ordinary ammo,it does subdue the noise,but you are well aware a firearm has been discharged.the real test will come when i get some subsonic ammo later this week.
    veitnamcam, res and oneshot like this.

does it suppress enough to not wear earmuffs without discomfort

yes,although i have yet to try sub sonic shotgun ammo for it. i also want to do some wingshooting with it.the silencer is slightly higher than than rib so i will try going through the target rather than keeping it just above the gun.the benelli is a twenty gauge,although you can get suppressors for a 12ga.the barrel length is 24 inch,i have kept it at that because it has screw in chokes,so part of the rib was removed,and then the barrel was overthreaded.i got this gun for use in the canoe and other areas where the report of a shotgun might cause alarm amongst the public,and thus a technical firearms offence.i hope to have a good trial this weekend.