Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Huntfisheat
  • 1 Post By Huntfisheat

Thread: Beretta A300

Beretta A300

So I traded the SKB HS300 I bought 2 months ago on a Beretta A300 Outlander.
    Heres my 2 cents worth on it after 100 rounds.
    It has a wonderful fit for me, straight out of the supplied case. Swung it up to shoulder, opened my eyes and there it was, all lined up sweet, so all good there.
    Took it straight out to one of my vineyards that I shoot on and put a box of 2 & 3/4 36g numbers 4's through it and then a dozen 26 gram 7.5 trap loads through the modified choke, one of three supplied including IC and full.
    Didnt miss a beat and the recoil is a little less than the SKB but it's nearly 1/2 a kg lighter.
    Fairly robust action and takes a fair pressure to cock. Bolt release needs a good firm push too.
    Fit and finish seems pretty good, but not A400 good by any means.
    They have a rep as being difficult to reassemble but if you do it in the right order it's easy enough.
    Swings well and bowled a couple of Starlings with it today, and a small rabbit.
    Real tree Max5 pattern all over, so should be easy to lose in grass.
    It will get a limb saver pad as soon as my local supplier can get one in. Also, Beretta make a gel pad for the stock that will save my 4 x broken jaw a hiding when I goose shoot with 3"magnums.
    I like the safety position in front of the trigger. Seems very natural especially for an ex military man.
    Came with a slight right cast which helps it fit and the supplied 1/2 inch stock spacer will work well with the limbsaver.
    What would I change?
    I'd love if it had the a300 shock reduction stock and I'd like the bolt handle and release to be bigger, but there are after market parts for that.
    It's a gun I carry every day for work and the balance is right for a one handed carry yet it has sling attach points too, which will be handy.
    Loading is easy and no nicked thumb. Cartridges just slide in easy as.
    Nice fiber optic red front sight, and that stands out well.
    Tossed up between that and a Remmie V3 but Remingtons continuing issues dashed that gun. No warranty at all other than FTA and CGA and potential difficulty with parts if Remmie dont continue it.
    All on all, a good, effective, fun, useful tool.

300 shells now. Not 1 single fault.
    Cleaned it last night. Didn't need it.
    stagstalker likes this.