Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lophortyx

Thread: need help identifying an old twin trigger 12 gauge

need help identifying an old twin trigger 12 gauge

hey guys picked this old girl up from a friend of mines estate apparently it dose shoot. just wondering what it is and whether i can use buck shot in it to dispatch wallabies from time to time.

also its missing the extractors for pulling the shells out. would it be much of an issue?

any info would be much appreciated cheers. Name:  20160617_094448.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  1,003.9 KB

Hi buckshot should be fine /would need a better pic of the reciever to tell you what make she is most likely spainish from your pic choked half and full and not a top line gun a good work horse getting the shells out after firing could be an issue i would probably first try and get a broken parts donner gun of the same make or similer and tool them up to fit we need to know the make and model to do this ive got a few bits and pieces kicking around /or make up a tool to keep in your pocket to pull the shells out they can be quite sticky some times ill have a think on this see if i can come up with something cheers

it looks italian , rather than a spanish made gun,probably a cheaper field gun model.if you photographed the stampings on the barrel flats that would give more info.extractors can be made,i have had a couple done.the gun needs to be worth it and not everyone who calls himself a gunsmith is capable.
    Pointer likes this.

I'm with @lophortyx . Monobloc barrels, Ali receiver and high gloss stock screams italiano

from the photo it looks like the barrels have been partially steel woolled, in preparation for reblueing,hence remove the ejectors.have you gone back to the estate and asked if they are still there? chances are they would have been biffed by now as they don't look anything to the uninitiated.

Ejectors are not that hard to make with a lathe and some fettling, turn a copy of the breech long enough to cut out the section with the leg attached and grinder, file and polish to shape and make sure your choice of steel can be heat treated!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

fettling...a new word...yay, thank you...also applies to pottery...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    And carding machines
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

sorry for the slow reply guys. yes it dose shoot! however i would rather have some ejectors made or find something that fits?

have checked with estate ejectors would be long gone now

having some issues uploading photos so i'll try sort it in the next few coming days. i thought i had posted 4 photos but clearly not

cheers for the help so far!