Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By madds
  • 2 Post By ebf
  • 1 Post By jakesae101
  • 1 Post By madds
  • 1 Post By jakesae101

Thread: Practise/Coaching - Wellington

Practise/Coaching - Wellington

Hi Guys

This years duck shooting was my 1st and I would say I did pretty bad knowing that our stand was not the chosen fly over this season according to my experienced mate. However I did manage 4 mallards, 2 swan over 4 wikends I went out.

Being honest some of my shots were prity bad as I guessed it was to far behind etc.. So to be better for the next season I want to get loads of practice done.

I would like to know if Clay shooting is done around Wellington region that I can be part of. Or may be fellow duck shooters/coaches on here that would wana help out in practising.

Cheers

Absolutely is Hutt Valley have a very active clay club.
    Their contact is:
    Wayne Pym
    Ph (04) 234 6306

Home - Hutt Valley Clay Target Club
    initiaz likes this.

ebf
    Initiaz, I'm in the same boat. About the only clay I can hit is a stationary one

There is a novice coaching clinic next Saturday 26th at 10:00

I've emailed the coaching co-ordinator and will let you know when I hear back.
    Dougie and initiaz like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Personally i don't overly enjoy shooting at upper hutt . I shoot alot and im a member of blue rock its a bit more relaxed and western lake also . Haywards hill pistol club hold a clay shoot 2nd sunday of the month you can pm me for details on that as its not on the net anywhere its only 40 birds however
    initiaz likes this.

jakesae101, we will be in the Hutt at the Zone shoot in September 20/21 if you are around. There are quite a few of us coming from the South, mainly the South Island Sporting Clay Shooters, funny that!!
    I thought they (hutt Valley) had a complete turn around up there, and were really trying to put on a good show. New management as it were and a bit more horse power.
    I do agree from what I hear Blue Rock are a really good bunch and like our club really enjoy their shooting. Could be a competition in that one between SISCS and Blue Rock sometime down the track!!!
    initiaz likes this.

I shoot with people that shoot there I agree its better than it was . Personally I enjoy a bit more of a relaxed environment I will pencil it in to attend in September . If you get the nz cta mag you will see my name in the blue rock shoot for most improved between rounds I shot the worst round of my life in the morning. To come back and do not too badly In the second round and get a prize haha thats what happens when you pick up 15 birds between rounds . They didn't get my name right they called me Jason i think or some such i got my entry fee back in the prize of a nice knife
    initiaz likes this.

ebf
    Attended the novice coaching session this morning, very good, learnt heaps.

Only did the 1st field, birds coming at you and then some overhead.

Next session I'll try some DTL, and then when I feel brave/stupid maybe some skeet

So, a question for the competition shotgunners... What are the main differences between trap and skeet guns ? I get the part about full choke etc for birds being further away, but are there physical design differences in the guns . Longer barrels, different sights etc ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    POI differs between trap and the rest.
    Barrels are a personal thing
    I shoot sporting with 30", my Mrs with 26.
    Trap I prefer 32 and I shoot better skeet with short

porirua gun club had a testing and fun little set up but i may be years out of date

I do agree from what I hear Blue Rock are a really good bunch and like our club really enjoy their shooting
    Correct on all counts!!
    Gladstone do a good shoot every second Saturday morning, mostly all old buggers...but they can shoot!!