Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pump Gun...

Pump Gun...

Eventually gave in and decided to shoot at a clay pigeon. Not to make it impossibly easy, I bought a box of clays, 250 #7.5 shot and a Gun City $70 thrower. My weapon of choice ( and only shotgun) happens to be a top of the line Gun City 870 18" complete with ghost ring sights.

If I manage to hit one of these discs ( I've check most of the box and none look remotely like a pigeon, by the way) I'll feel well done by.

Anyone else fired at a clay with a riot gun?

If you try shooting at em when they are fleeing directly away in front of you you should hit em easy. If you are trying 40+ yard crosser's then best cross fingers and toes

Assuming you don't have a multichoked tacticool riot thingy
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yea, managed to hit a couple out with Mikee with my shitty pump.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

There's hope yet then. Shoot the buggers flying directly away, makes sense. Ta.
    This is a plain cheapie cylinder bore untacticool bang stick. Should be fun.

I must say that I shoot best with my GC870, though I got a longer barrel version.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I like to play a game called "charging wounded pigeons," set up the trap to throw them directly at you, if you don't shoot them they hit you in the head!

Makes it a bit more sporting for the clay birds!
    Spanners, Philipo, ebf and 5 others like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I went to the Mainly hunting shoot (did really crap, the ribbing from Spanners was getting painful) a number of guys were shooting with winchester defenders abnd the like they did quite well, cylinder is almost the same as a skeet choke, if its a crossing target maybe made to push it a bit harder through the swing? You'll do ok and have fun trying too.

Holy bloody hell, Spudattack! "Charging Wounded Pigeons"! Is there no end to the fun? Can't wait for next weekend!

Me and a mate used to fuck around with the exact same set up, and one of those norinco single barrel shotguns i picked up for 80 buck. You should be allgood we were.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I used to shoot clays with a Winnie Defender & have also used a Beneilli Nova ( shot well with both ) Still use the Defender as a back up for duck season & it's gets a bit of use as it's just such a fun gun
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    I used to shoot clays with a Winnie Defender & have also used a Beneilli Nova ( shot well with both ) Still use the Defender as a back up for duck season & it's gets a bit of use as it's just such a fun gun
    I do like the winchester action how it opens part way after each shot, got an old 1200 lying round some place.

Managed to peg two in a row with the wife's GC870, exactly the same as yours misfire, except it was one handed from the hip shooting.

I know it sounds like absolute bullshit but so does a lot of things on the internet lol

I often shoot with my 590, definitely more of a challenge than a good skeet gun. Might have to try this incoming clay bird throwing deal, though maybe something that throws tennis balls may be more forgiving.

There's hope for me yet then. I shall hold the bugger with two hands.
    I've thought this incoming clay bird deal through. I'd have to see Spudattack in action first I think...

Its great fun Misfire, i use a Mossy 500, but have the 28" barrel on it....might use my 'turkey 20" barrel' for a laugh instead....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    There's hope for me yet then. I shall hold the bugger with two hands.
    I've thought this incoming clay bird deal through. I'd have to see Spudattack in action first I think...
    Start slow, set up so they land about 10m in front of you at first till you get the hang of it, then just walk closer as you get more comfortable, best done with some mates to take the piss out of each other!
    Oh and you need a remote trap (beg, borrow, buy, steal) otherwise you are shooting at your mate which is never a great idea!
    misfire likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."