Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By 00buck
  • 2 Post By tetawa
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 3 Post By Danger Mouse
  • 1 Post By gsp follower
  • 1 Post By jakewire
  • 1 Post By jakewire

Thread: Remington 'lifetime warranty' ?

Remington 'lifetime warranty' ?

How is it do you think, that hunting & fishing are selling new Remington v3's with a lifetime warranty? As seen in their latest catalog.
    The thing is, Remington went bankrupt, split up with remington arms sold at auction for $13mil to a 'vulture capitalist' (roundhill). There are no rem parts or service, no rem guns being made and people in the know like shotgun worlds Randy Wakeman are of the opinion that there never will be. This is going to make it pretty hard to make a warranty claim or get your rem repaired. Are h&f fooling with us? Perhaps selling stock from last year or the year before with an outdated lifetime warranty claim? Perhaps taking a punt with the NZ (ex) distributor to move old stock and hope for the best?
    Remington parts are sold out all across the US, what's the chance of getting any into NZ anytime soon?
    V3's and versamax have had a few problems by all accounts and all the 870's, 1100 and 11/87's in NZ will be orphans if no parts are coming through.
    What do you think?
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Wish you luck with the NZ Remington agent. If Hunting and Fleesing are taking your money, would be their responsibility to handle warranty claims, I think.
    mikee and timattalon like this.

Yeah, Roundhill was due to take on 80 staff (out of the original around 1200) at the start of March to get bits of the huge factory at Ilion NY partially producing.
    It didn't happen. Future is very uncertain.

So you're right, any warranty offered is probably worthless. Certainly sending rifles back to USA which in the past Sako did back to Finland won't happen.

Of course the resident H&F Bubbas could do the warranty work. Or they may even shop out to proper smiths. Like you say parts will be the issue if required.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Wish you luck with the NZ Remington agent. If Hunting and Fleesing are taking your money, would be their responsibility to handle warranty claims, I think.
    Why would you give hunting and fishing any money?
    veitnamcam, Tommy and Sideshow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Why would you give hunting and fishing any money?
    I wouldn't, but many do, even members on here. There must be many rural outdoors people who don't have the choice or time to go elsewhere. Many don't have the "die hard" attitude towards H&F policies on Govt "buy back"

At the end of the day they have to sell them. I but they will be banking on most of the guns working ok and will use whatever is left for parts and or replacement under warranty. Once they are all gone then the fuckery will start

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I Bought V3 on the back of Wakeman and others reviews when I decided I couldn't do without a semi auto, three years ago now I think
    I've never had any issue with the thing what so ever, but if it does break I shall return it to the seller with the original owner lifetime warranty
    I Mean..
    What can possibly go wrong.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

other than remington filing for bankruptcy nothing
    ''doh''
    id still have a thrown together rem 870 than those chinese gc ranger p.o.s
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    other than remington filing for bankruptcy nothing
    ''doh''
    id still have a thrown together rem 870 than those chinese gc ranger p.o.s
    We probably dont see them enough over here but the old school remington ringmaster (1100 or 870?) were meant to be really well done.

The older 870's were good, Wingmasters put together even better.
    I bought an 870 off Lindsay Duncan in 1992 and traded it in 2005 on a Beretta Urika 391 at Alan Millers In Manse street [can't remember if they had tuned H/F by then] for 60$ more than I paid for it.
    I bought it on the Wednesday of Easter and we shot a place called Bonspiel , back in the day when Bonspiel had a rabbit problem not just a number of rabbits, I put more than a case of Falcon 4s, I'm pretty sure ,through that gun that weekend and it never missed a beat, in fact I can only remember one jam in all the years I had it and that's when i saw my first wallaby up on the west side of the Haka , got so excited I must have short shucked the bloody thing as it was complete cockup.
    The 1187, well heaps rave about them but we used to do alot of rabbit control off the back of utes at night and I suppose if you carried a pocket full of O rings you'd be ok.
    Tahr likes this.

Then I guess the warranty period is now is exactly length the same as Browning shotguns have had for as long as I can remember.

Cause for a misleading advertising investigation?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Huk likes this.