Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Replacement choke tube for Winchester 12G Model 1400

Replacement choke tube for Winchester 12G Model 1400

Looking for replacement choke tubes for my Winchester 12G model 1400. Currently has a full choke Winchoke fitted and need improved modified, modified or skeet choke or chokes. Have posted on Forum buy Sell. I have been told that there are other makes of chokes that will interchange with the Winchester Winchoke such as Browning, SKB or Mossberg. Anyone able to assist with information regarding this or any advice that might assist. Cheers

yip I believe what youve been told is correct...be aware there is a different sized winchester choke out there (overbored barrel) I picked up a imp cyl winchoke for bugger all off trade me a year or two back...that and the imp mod steel it came with are all I will ever need (funny thing is the imp mod lead is eggzachary the same constriction but is flush fitting whereas the steel jobbie is 2" out the end of barrel...much better for distant birds as Im 2" closer)

Thanks very much Micky. Will see what turns up. Am going to the states soon and will try to get chokes there. Its that 2" that makes all the difference as you say. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Thanks very much Micky. Will see what turns up. Am going to the states soon and will try to get chokes there. Its that 2" that makes all the difference as you say. Cheers
    @Firefly how did you get on with this ? I may be looking at going down the same road with a new acquisition.....
    old thread I know

https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cus...omparisonChart

Mossberg invector looks like it will fit?

Shit @muzza that's a great deal for them. You can only get one and a half here in NZ for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    this is what you want - if you want to ship them to me in SC , I will be home in mid November

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Wincheste...42eb:rk:9:pf:0
    @muzza I'll be in touch next week, I pick up the shotty on Wednesday and it comes with a few chokes so need to assess if required.
    thanks

they are probably just worth buying. if you don't need them or all of them you could just sell them here or on retardme.
    You'd could probably even make a little out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    they are probably just worth buying. if you don't need them or all of them you could just sell them here or on retardme.
    You'd could probably even make a little out of it.
    and risk getting flamed for making a buck out of a deal I got through the forum no doubt

thats my thoughts too but I dont want to commit someone else to something they dont need
    hey can you do a screen grab of the ebay add ? I am at work and been doing 16 hour days last 3 days I can't access ebay at work to even look at it

@muzza just to make it easier for you, If they fit the Mossberg like I think they do, I might be interested in one possibly two if you intend to flick them on for a good price.

is that a good price for me or a good price for you though? ;-)

Lets get them in hand and then go from there...
    haha me of course. But that's only if you have some spare that you don't want and they match what I would like.
    All good

Choke selection on its way to NZ today.
    You planning on using/keeping all of them ?

@muzza I'd be keen on a mod if your selling one ? Absolutely no rush I have a set of winchokes

Awaiting contact with Firefly , but chokes are here . They screw in correctly , but do not have a choke key. The key from my H and R semi works just fine so I expect any internal fit key will work.
    @muzza still interested in a mod choke if available