Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shotgun adapter

Shotgun adapter

Eny one played around with these liked to put one in the 12 gauge ole single shot maybe 410 so it doesn't kick like a mule and gets used. Or even 357 for shits n giggle.

I have a set of 28ga adapters for my 20ga. Usually use them right thru the Gamebird season. Brilliant things.
    These ones
    GaugeMate Gold
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Have tried a 44Mag one, bit of a gimmick but it's only 20 bucks

there's an old thread around where Toby did a homebuild 9mm I think?

we have the .410/45 lc through a .12ga type...yip it works,yip shot goes out the end of barrel and at 15 yards it would do the job....you only have a 2 3/4" barrel to gain velocity so its not eggzachary honking along. with a lath it would be piece of cake to turn one up and if doing so make it as long as you could drill.eg 4" drilled from both ends would give you 8" barrel to gain velocity...... much better .

Where did u buy that 44 mag one @308. @mikee dose the shot start to come out of the wad in the barrel does a choke do anything to it does barrel length matter the single shot is 30 inchs

Quote Originally Posted by FatLabrador View Post
    Where did u buy that 44 mag one @308. @mikee dose the shot start to come out of the wad in the barrel does a choke do anything to it does barrel length matter the single shot is 30 inchs
    No idea on that but I can still hit clays with it at 30-40 yards and the 2 pheasans I shot with it last year fell down so it works as advertised. I brought them so when my nephew starts shooting he can have my 20ga Beretta and with the 28ga inserts it boots bugger all and is better than a .410.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

It was on TardMe a few years back so sorry no recent info - as said by Mickyduck it could be turned up easily - mine is only about 100mm long so if making one I'd go longer if wanting any kind of accuracy

guy on trademe does them in allsorts of calibres,basically all the low power/pressure rimmed pistol cartridges. I got friend to turn one up but his drill bit was dodgy so its not as good as it should be and is harder to remove spent case than the other one we have as inside(chamber) has drill marks.
    the barrel of the shotgun its used in doesnt matter ,the choke will work to some degree but as wad is so much smaller than barrel it cant hold pressure or generate velocity, the $3-$400 chambermate types have a tube on the .410 as its just too big of difference your 12/20ga is closer by a huge amount so is more efficent.
    I have a couple of .45lc loads here but havent found a reason to try them out yet.