Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By Munsey
  • 1 Post By Russian 22.
  • 1 Post By oraki
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By lumberjack
  • 7 Post By Munsey
  • 4 Post By Bob Da Browning
  • 1 Post By Munsey
  • 1 Post By Bob Da Browning

Thread: Trap/skeet guns for youth

Trap/skeet guns for youth

What are the options ? . My daughter is keen as . Im not going to jump into buying anything yet . Just like to find out what is recomended .

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Baikal shotguns are cheap enough to just use and chop the stock to size.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Munsey likes this.

A lot of the schools use Akkar. Not sure if they've got a youth model, cut down or whatever. I think local gun club has them as loaners as well
    Munsey likes this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

Local club has an skb and a lanber that were shortened for kids, lop is way too short for adults, I think they were also bent to suit little people. 28 in barrels still. The lanber is lighter but both seem well balanced and with low recoil ammo they are no worse than a 20 gauge recoli wise and way cheaper to run.
    Munsey likes this.

Through school quite a few of us had akkars, either the sporting or trap models. Difference between them being a adjustable comb on the trap model and price. The rest of the squad had second hand guns ranging from low end duck guns to perazzis. All have shot right through to nationals. As much as people like comparing guns the important thing is to find one with a good fit or modify it to do so, even if it’s just duck tape and foam on the stock to bring your cheek up. Take her to gun city or somewhere with a large selection and try lots. I would also recommend getting some good coaching as it is a sport that the slightest thing can be the difference between a good score and a crappy one. Also I would say get a under and over as it makes things so much easier on the mark.
    When the time comes if your interested in a Akkar I have a sporting model for sale on here for 1100. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Waihora gun club where awsome . Went out of there way to help out . Took Holly 4 shots then a hit . Had a rest , 1 miss 3 hits in a row . Smile was enough to say it all .

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

Hi, I was the second coach to help Holly out at Waihora today & I am coaching a school team out there on sunday 15th from 11am, she is most welcome to attend also. I have a few 12 gauge guns on a list for some of the other kids to look at & she could try my grandsons gun . I also do gun fitting so can shorten & alter the pitch angles if required. I suggest you look at some 21gram 12g ammo as it is very very soft shooting & still very effective. My grandson has been using it for a few years now especially for skeet. Get in touch if I can be of any assistance. Cheers Graeme
    veitnamcam, Munsey, mikee and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Da Browning View Post
    Hi, I was the second coach to help Holly out at Waihora today & I am coaching a school team out there on sunday 15th from 11am, she is most welcome to attend also. I have a few 12 gauge guns on a list for some of the other kids to look at & she could try my grandsons gun . I also do gun fitting so can shorten & alter the pitch angles if required. I suggest you look at some 21gram 12g ammo as it is very very soft shooting & still very effective. My grandson has been using it for a few years now especially for skeet. Get in touch if I can be of any assistance. Cheers Graeme
    15th (today) ? Thanks for the offer but she's out for the day with her mother . Thanks again for the impromptu coaching she really enjoyed it .May catch you out there today NC Game shooters @ 1pm ?

@Bob Da Browning Where you missing a young Boys high lad for coaching ? . Well it turns out his dad dropped him off at the wrong club house . He sat patiently awaiting coaching from 11 am till about 2 pm when someone asked him if he was shooting 5 stand with us (NCGShooters ). He was given a Gun , ammo & a coach .Well He out shot half the field in appaling conditions , must have been 50 knots winds only his second time shooting .
    veitnamcam likes this.

We were a bit light on numbers there today, I wonder if he was one that I picked a gun up for him to try out. At least the young fella got to have a shot, thanks. We left about 4.30 & you know its windy when ya cap gets blown off even when you are wearing earmuffs LOL.
    Munsey likes this.