Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: What do you think and where do I stand?

What do you think and where do I stand?

So last night I went out to a fiends place as they left to go live in auzzie, took the shotty rounds clays and thrower, set up and shoot away like we normally do, on private property rural and into a paddock, next thing ya know he cops show up with their guns etc after a complaint from neighbours , the next closest houses are easy 400m in the opposite way we were firing, next thing ya know they walking away with my shotty and my licence, no one was drinking or doing drugs or anything silly we were just plain shooting clays

I am guessing the neighbours knew your friend went to Aussie and thought "who the hell is this shooting at their place" and probably said that to the Police who in turn have to act accordingly ??
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

there must be more to this , .... what has been said by neighbour , what reasons has police given for confiscation , what words were said between the two parties , etc etc
    Pointer likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Yes what Stumpy said, I imagine once they learn who you are, clear it up with the neighbours and land owner, you will be fine and have your weapon and license given back, something they probably couldnt clear up right there on the spot, so they played it safe. Their not to know your not a Psycho.
    Boulderman likes this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

God knows wat neighbour it was that was all they told us, we thought maybe it was his brothers partner being spiteful but we are unsure, and also wouldn't think the neighbours would know he was even going his brother and father also live at same address but were out driving trucks at the time, it just blew me away it even happened, they stated we should have let all the neighbours know wat we were up to yet we have done it a lot along with the neighbour across the road, maybe he fuked someone off and this was there way of getting back at him yet in the one who's caught up in it

So what law was broken?

Sent from my workbench
    Pointer and Munsey like this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

surely you were given a bit of paper with an offence written on it , or told what offence you have committed ? did you give attitude to the cop ? ....why were your fal and firearm taken off you?
    kiwi39 and southernredneck like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

I would have gone with the police to the station and sorted it, something not ringing true here?
    Pointer, mucko and Lentil like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    surely you were given a bit of paper with an offence written on it , or told what offence you have committed ? did you give attitude to the cop ? ....why were your fal and firearm taken off you?
    +1

Surely they can't take anything off you without giving a reason why? Maybe you should write a letter to the police complaints authority if its as clear cut as you say.
    Maca49 and southernredneck like this.

Sounds horrible. Ultimately if you've been lawful in all that you've done that day, what can they really do?

They certainly can't take something from you without documentation changing hands
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Tristan I would , document position , distance etc . Just incase this gets silly ! Borrow a range finder to be positive you are right . If it's how you say it doesn't sound like a law is broken . Mind you there is a clause ( hope this is right ) something about causing a "nuisance " . Which you can read anything into . The fact that it was a shot gun nobody's safety was comprised . Good luck
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Alright so the cops rang my mates partner told us to come out with our hands up, at this point we were thinking this was a joke as we had not done anything wrong, so we all went outside 4 cops came in, two with rifles to without and we were like really? They stated they had a complaint from gun fire, and stated they were parked 200 meters down the road and heard 11 shots in 4 minutes, the Sargent was asking the questions like who was shooting who's gun as who has the fal, she asked how the gun got here and I stated it got here in my ute and se asked if I had a secure lock up in my vehicle for it, to which I said you can carry a gun in a vehicle not loaded breach open for shotgun, she looked at me dead in the eyes and paused for a minute to which I know I was right, the other cop took me inside to where I had the gun which he took and my licence, they took my details and left, another two cops arrived back about 20 minutes later I was taken aside read my rights and asked all questions about what we wee doing there etc
    And I even stated to the cop that I was blown away by what was going on, even the cop said that all we were doing is having fun and would only get a warning but a warning for what? I've never been in trouble with the police at all I stay on the good side of the law as I don't want issues so I'm really blown away by this

But they didn't state wat law had been broken, yes I should have asked but I was absolutely speachless

R93
    If all you say is accurate, you will be sweet and they (complaintant, cops) will end up with egg on their faces.
    Sounds all legit to me and it's just PC retards panicking about a bit of gunfire.
    Jeez I'm glad I live on the coast.
    Every Bogan has a firearm😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.