Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hopefully a springer litter due January!

Hopefully a springer litter due January!

I have bred "Grace"
    Name:  20140628_14 (Small).JPG
Views: 433
Size:  110.3 KB
    To Elvis (He was selected as the son of "Brick" most like him in stature and temperament and drive.)
    Name:  002 (Small).jpg
Views: 431
Size:  104.1 KB
    This is a deliberate line breed to "Brick of Ballyblack" a very highly regarded hunting, trial and stud dog I had the pleasure to follow for 14 years.
    Name:  20090217_25 (8) (Small).JPG
Views: 382
Size:  86.5 KB
    I have orders for some but we have no ideas at the moment how many she may have. I haven;t even had her tested as this point, but she is showing all signs of being in pup.
    Just floating this as there will be a demand for this litter of this line so I am just putting this out there for folks to put their hand up if interested.
    Name:  e3lvisgrace.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  88.2 KB

Pups should whelp the first week of Jan and be ready for new homes in Early March. Several puppies will be retained for full training.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  311.0 KB

Whelping Suite all set, Bitch installed now the wait... Seven more days if the dates are right... Will be a nervous week.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

Tell me about 'Shot of Ballyblack' - it seems she could throw a good'un, given they were with different sires and limited matings. Is her direct female line still alive?
    Ruff likes this.

Not that I'm aware Jim, One of the reasons I have specifically sought to breed back to her is Jim Clarke rated her so highly and was adamant the double combination Cortman Lane (Which of course is the link to the virtually essential "Druid" influence) in Brick's pedigree was the essential component to his success. Because of those two dogs I researched quite widely to find the right dog in both genetics and type for the mating. Some good dogs were rejected but I am confident I have the right mix of genetics here to breed back to the Ballyblack "type". Time will tell.
    HF1 likes this.

Pups on their way, three healthy ones delivered so far, one stillborn. Only been going an hour or so, so I'm guessing/hoping we have a few more expected.

Very exciting, I've trained hundredes of dogs before and owned stud dogs but this is the first litter I have whelped.
    Pointer and stingray like this.

keep an eye on the room/box temperature, can tire the bitch out if she is too hot...bit of a balancing act keeping her happy and the pups warm during this stage, we use a lamp on one half, if she has finished tearing the paper up move her onto an old blanket to finish her whelping, saves her from covering the new borns up....bit of a nervous time with a maiden but they seem to work it out in the end.
    looking forward to the final count.

It all seems to be going to plan so far, though she is five days early. I am a novice having never whelped a litter before... trained hundreds, owned the Stud Dogs, never bred a bitch, all seems to be good so far though and we do have an ideal whelping area. I got everything crossed... We have her on a Duvet for the whelping and will change to a duvet, covered by a tarp and filled with paper when she is done. Still going!!! https://www.facebook.com/HonkyTonker...8/?pnref=story

You might have to "Friend" me on Facebook to see the video, hope that's not to hard for some of you!
    Munsey likes this.

Hope Grace and the puppies are doing well...she may not eat solid food for up to 48 hours after whelping...this is perfectly normal and she should not be forced to eat as she is just as likely to vomit...but when she is over her postnatal fast, feed her heaps...rather than using a heat lamp, I use a puppy pad, a little electric blanket which is alot safer than a light in my opinion...go well, Grace
    Ruff likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Hope Grace and the puppies are doing well...she may not eat solid food for up to 48 hours after whelping...this is perfectly normal and she should not be forced to eat as she is just as likely to vomit...but when she is over her postnatal fast, feed her heaps...rather than using a heat lamp, I use a puppy pad, a little electric blanket which is alot safer than a light in my opinion...go well, Grace
    Way too hot here to use heating. She actually had a feed between p[up 4 and 5 with condensed milk in it as recommended by Eugenie Clapham. No isse, not sure if there's more, but bonny looking pups. BTW, you should see the lovely Brittanies I have here too!

Name:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  843.3 KBName:  IMG_0048.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  774.4 KBName:  IMG_0050.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  891.2 KBName:  IMG_0051.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  782.0 KBName:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  849.4 KB

nice

exciting times ahead seeing them grow and develop into gun dogs
    Ruff likes this.
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

How are they and you going? Eyes open and noisy yet? A couple of photos would be nice if you had time.
    Cheers Joe.
    Ruff likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    How are they and you going? Eyes open and noisy yet? A couple of photos would be nice if you had time.
    Cheers Joe.
    No mate, still only eight days. I could post more photos but it'd just be more of the same. Once they can see and are a bit more mobile I will definately post more pics. I will keeping one male for myself so you'll get sick of the photos over the next 14 years anyway
    stingray and Andrew46826 like this.