Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Moutere

Thread: Kiwi Aversion traning and citronella

Kiwi Aversion traning and citronella

I have seen a couple of aversion corrections by Mr Vette on his problem dog programs recently. The citronella collar seems very effective, causes no pinto the dog and I am wondering if it is a better way of kiwi aversion training than shock collars.

I t is likely to be a very useful training tool in many other respects as well.
    Any information, would be appreciated thanks. Also where and what these cost.

Not quite along the lines you were necessarily hoping for Woody, but I once worked with an engineer with a horrid lap dog that would constantly yap.
    He had a go a fixing it with an automatic citronella collar. If the dog barked once it would arm the collar, if the dog then barked again within 6 seconds or something like that it would get a squirt.
    Rather than completely correct the dog of its yapping, the collar was very successful at teaching the dog to count to 7, then yap, then count to seven again, then yap. Thus avoiding the citronella.
    I say it was useful tool if not quite achieving the desired effect in this instance.
    veitnamcam and Woody like this.

Still scares the hell out of the dogs to create the aversion. The only difference I see is in your perception.

Well, I assume the shock creates some pain, while the citronella is more like a squirt from a skunk, but painless to the dog, and therefore more natural.

Any further constructive info would be appreciated.

Ejected
    I know that a smack on the snout a few times with the dogs works to stop them going the ferrets. And I'm not talking a real Crack on the hand either. Just put the ferret up close and when the dog sniffs it gets a nose tap.