Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Medical misadventure

Medical misadventure

An interesting subject and one I fear may have happened to my much loved GSP some years back .My Dog Flynn dies on the operating table after getting a little clogged up in the poop department .He seemed bloody fine hunting him the weekend but I did see he was constipated .Within 3 days it was recognized by my parents whom he lived with he wasn't doing his thing and straight to the vets to get unblocked .
    On the table and under anesthetic he died -they said he had poisoning -he was good as when he went in and certainly not showing signs of being really unwell or having a poisoning problem ..............well never know but we lost a very loved friend that day some 7 years ago.

How many hack merchant Vets get away with medical mal practice on your pets and you wouldn't have a clue
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post

How many hack merchant Vets get away with medical mal practice on your pets and you wouldn't have a clue
    That is sad news El B. Your question is not easy to answer because if we knew we would know? My sister was a vet and very pationate about it. She was involved in the foot and mouth outbreak in England a few years back and quit being a vet due to all the un neccessary killing of many beasts. It would be a shame to think they offer a sub standard service but im sure some are pricks like any profession.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    It happens with humans so is very likely to happen with animals as well (and no doubt easier to divert attention from).
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

one of our foundation bitches had a routine spaying but died 12 mths later after a not looking quite right one morning.
    the vets blamed it on everything from poison to possible genetic heart problems, i'm sure tussock will love that one.
    what they didn't count on was the lenght we went through to find out the cause, like many people with too much education they didn't want to listen to basic common sence, an autopsy was performed, different vet pratice, and set of forceps removed from her guts, wonder how they got in there bro.........

My first foxy died a couple hours after getting the snip.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    one of our foundation bitches had a routine spaying but died 12 mths later after a not looking quite right one morning.
    the vets blamed it on everything from poison to possible genetic heart problems, i'm sure tussock will love that one.
    what they didn't count on was the lenght we went through to find out the cause, like many people with too much education they didn't want to listen to basic common sence, an autopsy was performed, different vet pratice, and set of forceps removed from her guts, wonder how they got in there bro.........
    Kawhia that is terrible as a simple xray would have evidenced that. I do not have experience of medical misadventure with animals but my wife's uncle today has no arms or legs and is missing a big chunck of his nose due to septicemia causing the need for amputation after a simple operation. His wife (a nurse) warned doctors about the issue early on but was ignored until she got really vocal (by which time it was too late).
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    My first foxy died a couple hours after getting the snip.
    FUK, our mini schnauzer is getting his done as i type.....fingers crossed.....come on Eddie (Vedder) lad, you can do it......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Kawhia that is terrible as a simple xray would have evidenced that. I do not have experience of medical misadventure with animals but my wife's uncle today has no arms or legs and is missing a big chunck of his nose due to septicemia causing the need for amputation after a simple operation. His wife (a nurse) warned doctors about the issue early on but was ignored until she got really vocal (by which time it was too late).
    Rushy that is awful, only said the other day to a close female friend thinking of 'cosmetic surgery', only go under the knife if you HAVE to......you are beautiful as you are!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

What??????!!!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Kawhai - wow, that is very sad
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

what they didn't count on was the lenght we went through to find out the cause, like many people with too much education they didn't want to listen to basic common sence, an autopsy was performed, different vet practice, and set of forceps removed from her guts, wonder how they got in there bro.........
    this highlights the very reason I posted this as most of us just say its all to hard and costly to find out let alone do anything about it .As Rushy said it happens in humans let alone animal and with animals only a very motivated owner could catch those lying fuctards out -and that they are when they don't own up to incompetence that ends in a death .You wouldn't keep going to a doctor that had a fine record of having patience dying under the knife ... and I'm sure it happens but they then get the chop by the medical profession but our animals have no such protector it appears --wrong or what
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

As soon as I saw the title I thought "Kawhia has a story for you!"

I know of a similar story, a GSP that had a pair of clamps left inside her after a speying. She only made 2 weeks post op though.

I know it doesn't bring your beloved pet back, but you can complain to the Veterinary Council, who have a disciplinary process.

http://www.vetcouncil.org.nz/complaint.php

Name and shame bro! also cambel live love this sort of thing( and other shows)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Name and shame bro! also cambel live love this sort of thing( and other shows)
    Yes and the RSPCA would likely champion the cause as well if they became involved.