Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where too from here?

Where too from here?

The bitch at the front is "Grace" Bracken's daughter (Brick's Granddaughter) Brick is the paternal Grandfather, the maternal Grandfather is "Hamish of Ballyblack", Brick's half brother and one of the highest winning dogs in NZ Live Game history! She has a double up on the "boogie" gene! The Dog at the back is "Elvis" Brick's son and almost a dead ringer for him and he goes as hard and fast in cover as his Dad did. These two are my next BIG hope... bred to Brick as close as we can without going silly, and with potential for the next decade to come to still be dominated by the progeny of "Brick of Ballyblack". I have high hopes for the results of this mating.
    Name:  graceelvis.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  159.5 KB

A new chapter I have followed the Life of Brick for a long time and was saddend to hear of his passing. What has become of Cheyene.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    A new chapter I have followed the Life of Brick for a long time and was saddend to hear of his passing. What has become of Cheyenne.
    I sold Cheyenne. She is now known as "Jane" and hunts several days a week with her new owner and is making him very happy. Awesome kind little dog, maybe just a bit too nice for me... she is good every aspect, but I struggled to see X-Factor. I am used to X-factor and have hopes for one of the ones from this litter... Cheyenne is perfect for her new owner.

Name:  cheyrun1.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  65.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I sold Cheyenne. She is now known as "Jane" and hunts several days a week with her new owner and is making him very happy. Awesome kind little dog, maybe just a bit too nice for me... she is good every aspect, but I struggled to see X-Factor. I am used to X-factor and have hopes for one of the ones from this litter... Cheyenne is perfect for her new owner.

Attachment 27898
    you are hard to please ruff
    but to have top trial dogs in any endeavor i know you have to be
    what did you consider the x factor she didnt have

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    you are hard to please ruff
    but to have top trial dogs in any endeavor i know you have to be
    what did you consider the x factor she didnt have
    She didn't lack anything at all and part of the decision was she was so suited in temperament to the guy who bought her. I got her to breed with Brick, but she was late having her first heat and by the time she did Brick was too old. The Gun in question had liked her so much as a pup he had a pup ordered from her when Brick did the job. Two years later and no pups he approached me to find a dog for him. I thought long and hard about it on the way home from the shoot that night. I found her very easy to work, almost too easy, there lacked a challenge in it for me. She just never puts a foot wrong but she still has plenty of drive. I knew I couldn't find a better suited dog for the guy than her and I knew he could afford her. I only gave her one Novice Field Trial and she placed after having a really nice find, flush and retrieve on a bunny but failed in the runoff after being adversely affected (as were several dogs that day) by the stinging nettles abundant on the grounds.

I think in all reality I am suffering now from 14 years of walking behind Brick a dog Bob Whitehead rates as the best Springer he has seen and going forward, while we have the blood to breed back to him(and obviously have by the results of the progeny we are on the right track) I am waiting for this next litter where I will keep a dog and hopefully get something closer to the style of the old boy.

My mate Daniel Layne is running this Bitch and she is a real little female version of the old boy. My next litter will be very similar to this and I will keep a dog, I seem to relate better to the Dogs than ther Bitches. Springer bitches are just so bloody kind and I think I need something with a "bit of mongrel" in it... a bit like me. This is "Missy" at Eight Months.
    Name:  vtnz095.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  653.6 KBName:  20140810_34.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  196384_528410747186845_1037779654_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  17.2 KBshoulda got me to handle her , when ever i look in the mirror i say "geez boy you got the x x x facta"
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

I doubt anyone has "facta"!!!!
    el borracho likes this.

Ruff wrote...

failed in the runoff after being adversely affected (as were several dogs that day) by the stinging nettles abundant on the grounds.

The stuff can kill dogs...what the blazes...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Pretty little dog...

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Ruff wrote...

failed in the runoff after being adversely affected (as were several dogs that day) by the stinging nettles abundant on the grounds.

The stuff can kill dogs...what the blazes...
    Nah, you're thinking of OngaOnga, this was a milder version. Still pisses them off though and a human antihistimine will usually bring them right, but in this case, not in time to win!

Pretty little dog...
    You mean the one in El Baraccho's post?

No!!!! Missy I think the other one is probably a bitch
    Ruff likes this.

No!!!! Missy I think the other one is probably a bitch

were you at Spa park NI cross country a couple of weeks back with these dogs, if you were I spoke to you and said I liked your dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ONYVA View Post
    were you at Spa park NI cross country a couple of weeks back with these dogs, if you were I spoke to you and said I liked your dogs.
    No. Sorry!