Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree30Likes
  • 4 Post By 257weatherby
  • 3 Post By Micky Duck
  • 8 Post By Jake77
  • 10 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Frogfeatures

Thread: The daft, the smart and the flat out funny shit our dogs do.

sneakywaza I got

The daft, the smart and the flat out funny shit our dogs do.

About time we had a lighter and amusing and interesting thread than some of the nasty and dumb stuff floating about.

When I have to be in the city, my big fella gets a walk to the park each day (early so as to avoid the uncontrolled handbag sized nasty things).

He squeezes out a big (1/2 kg!) poop when we get there, which is then deposited in the new clever council bin - then we do some drills, chase a stick and play tug of war with his rope for a bit, then go home again. The route we take out is a 400yd long lane to the street. We get about 300yds down it and then the pooch "needs" to poop again, like really?, so out comes the bag to collect it, only to discover it's about a tablespoon full, look around for the dog, to discover he's already a 100yds on the way back to the park. Bugger has figured out that if he holds a bit back at the start, he can then squeeze it out later, and hey presto! dad goes back to the park cause that's where bin is

So, what smart, daft or funny stuff do your pooches do?

willy...picture black clifford...used to wait till I mowed the lawn and as soon as I went inside would drop a big landmine right bacg centre of freshly mowed lawn....
    Meg nips my Irish mate as soon as she sees him then is best buddies...sort of a Im not THAT kind of girl thing.....
    when hunting up in usual area she will turn and look at me and give goofey way of tail...saying we been here before ,I know where we are...and then she will lead off the way we went last time.
    we were walking down ridge after shooting a small deer,walking back down out usual path and she stops beside tree...looks at base of tree,looks away quickly,turns and looks at me...then base of tree,quickly looks away,then looks at me..tail going flat out..STUPID grin...does it third time...Im not looking DAD but there is dirty great possum right there!!!!! gave her a pat and moved on..funny as hell. she isnt allowed to chase possums,where we shoot opening weekend of duck season we normally shoot 1-3 from camp...Ive seen one climb DOWN a tree to get towards dog...Meg was not impressed..she was impressed when said Irish mate ventilated possum with .12ga though.
    rugerman, 257weatherby and Jake77 like this.

Rue our GSP cross has developed a pretty close relationship with the cat. Probably symptomatic of not being in the hills enough lately but watched them double teaming a blackbird recently. Dog was in full sneak stalking it behind the rubarb, bird was aware she was there and was half heartedly starting to sound the alarm when ‘whump’ - cat launches out of the feijoa tree and smacks it. Dog dives in and grabs a mouthful of feathers as well. 1 less blackbird to nick my cherries.

Dog has a slightly more love/hate relationship with youngest son who is pretty pesty. Was on way back from family ski trip down south and stopped in Tekapo for a break. Broke out a picnic lunch beside the flying fox and playground. Boy aged 6 or 7 at the time was chasing the dog round getting her all riled up - she was still a bit bitey at that stage, not quite 12 months. Boy decides to abandon the game and go join sisters on flying fox. We are making sandwiches at a nearby picnic table and suddenly hear somewhat familiar demonic screeching. Expecting to see him horribly jammed up in the zip line or something we turn around to see the boy coming down the flying fox at speed, half on with the dog hanging off one trouser leg. At this stage you could hear some tones of panic from surrounding parents as dog and boy come skidding down the slope, some convinced they were witnessing a savage attack. Getting to the lower part of the zip line the dog had traction again and growling furiously started dragging the boy still screaming/laughing and hanging onto the seat. He managed to hold on enough for her to pull his trackies off leaving him in the bark mulch in his undies thinking it was a great joke. Dog now happy as brings pants over to us. After we managed to wipe our tears of laughter away, we reassured the folks around us all was good and tied pooch up. When we packed up to leave a bit later a number of wide eyed kiddies backed swiftly away from the dog holding their pants firmly up, traumatized for life no doubt. Boy is still as big a pest as ever to the dog.

Name:  7CA03600-23CF-4BA5-9A77-597E8B68204E.jpeg
Views: 207
Size:  1.92 MB
    Last edited by Jake77; 05-11-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Drove through Roxburgh the other night and there was millions of seagulls all flying around the main street, was quite a spectacle and realised they were going berserk over the porina beetles around the street lights. Got home and there was Bo and a half eaten seagull on the back of my ute...
    7mmwsm, rugerman, Pengy and 7 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

My mutt loves being outside on the lawn at night hunting Porina beetles. We don't need any fancy chemicals to get rid of them!
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

driving across Lewis pass,both dogs in back of wagon,Nugget our late cocker sleeping,then he jumps up and leaps up on chilly bin,most agitated and wont stop whining or wriggling...I NEED A SHIT NOW!!!!! pull over,chuck lead on him ,he jumps out and BOOM....close call.....wife n I laugh like heck everytime we drive through Nuggets cutting......that dog brought us more laughs n love than any before .miss him every day.
    rugerman and Frogfeatures like this.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    My little shit has figured out that if she stands on the power window switch in the wagon, the window goes down and she can come looking for me. So now I have to leave the window lock switch down.
    At least my shepherd behaves.
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !