Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Happy Xmas doggers

Happy Xmas doggers

Have a great Xmas guys an gals and remember its all about sharing the love.Sharing and caring not only with your loved ones but those who you may not know personally but need a good turn to make their Xmas a little nicer.
    A great inspirational book says '' -thee story of Lassie and Ol Red. After Lassie had eaten Ol Red kai which is also his litter brother , God asked him where his litter brother was. Lassie answered, “I know not; am I my brother's keeper?”

Lassie words have come to symbolize dogs unwillingness to accept responsibility for the welfare of their fellows woofs— their “brothers” in the extended sense of the term. The tradition of puppyism and dogianity is that people do have this responsibility.

A thought for RCGSP along way from home again this Xmas and he's had a shit week-Merry Xmas mate
    And of course me home alone after the missus mistook me for fools gold and moved out not realizing Im really 24ct -she n the kitchen now baking--loca
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Nice thoughts... dog eats dog but hunt as a pack... that's us here...

RSGSP, dunno what your shit week was, but hope things improve.

Merry F^%$#@@g Christmas ya'll

one Xmas reply --miserable and it raining

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    happy Christmas El B. It was a somewhat bitter sweet experience this morning as it was the first Christmas without Harley the Great Dane leaping around.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Happy Xmas Rushy and yes its always hard to loose a good faithful furry friend.I still fondly remember my GSP Flynn taken from us at 8yrs.
    Maybe Santas got a new pup for you next Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Happy Xmas Rushy and yes its always hard to loose a good faithful furry friend.I still fondly remember my GSP Flynn taken from us at 8yrs.
    Maybe Santas got a new pup for you next Xmas
    I don't think there will be one for Christmas El B but perhaps in the new year. The Missus is suggesting another Great Dane but is talking about a Harlequin this time.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Maybe time for a working mutt Rushy,join the boys at the trials -good old man sport

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Maybe time for a working mutt Rushy,join the boys at the trials -good old man sport
    El B if I have not had the time to get in any hunting this year then I definitely don"t have the time to put in to a working dog.

A belated merry xmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    RSGSP, dunno what your shit week was, but hope things improve.
    I euthanised the dog I imported from Germany due to temperament issues.

Belated greatings to you doggers...have been away for a while... mine are in full R&R mode now... far too hot to hunt them
    Big hard call RC, hope all is onward and upward...
    OPCz

Rushy, take mine for a walk... no need to own them, just follow them...
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by RCGSP View Post
    I euthanised the dog I imported from Germany due to temperament issues.
    Holy hell man, my heart goes out to you... that has to be gut wrenching, would be to me....

Another time, another place we should talk about this, but don't EVER do it again without talking to me first.

I seriously feel for you.

I made the decision not to breed from him.

Lord knows why you would think your opinion on the matter would be of any significance to me whatsoever.
    Last edited by RCGSP; 28-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCGSP View Post
    I made the decision not to breed from him.

Lord knows why you would think your opinion on the matter would be of any significance to me whatsoever.
    None needed at all... but I have seen a a lot of scenarios others have not seen. No need to take it wrong, but in my own personal experience, which is not yours, I have always taken every experience available in making such a decision. To ignore experience simply because i don;t like what they wrote on a forum would be considered folly to many if there is experience they may have offered an alternative course. I saw a GWP euthanized in the South Island for no reason other than the owners arrogant in-admission of being able to handle a dog.

Your decision, and its something you live with, if the thought that perhaps someone may have had an answer you hadn;t considered doesn;t worry you then good on you, it doesn;t effect me in way whatsoever, but you May have short changed your dog and yourself... of course, if arrogance leads you to believe only your conclusion is right, and others you may have considered are all in correct even when you have no clue what they are... good on you, but sorry as hell for the result.

I'm sure, as the last word on Gundogs in NZ you'll have similar training solutions for us all. Personally, I find it all a bit pathetic.

Didn;t want to go there, but as you are so fucking holy in your response I thought the truth might shed some light on it.

I tried to be nice, you're too arrogant to accept it... keep importing till you get one you can handle.