Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Help needed urgently please

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    He is only 6 months old.

He is also already bigger than my last GSP who was big for the breed.

Axl is a horse. He is almost the size of Oskar was now KJ.

He will be 6 months on the 29th. He weighed 22kgs when he got his last shots in July.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Pfffft toy dogs! Zac was over 50kg by the time he was a teenager.

I agree with the above posts see a vet asap sounds like he is in pain.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    Vet reckons he could be having seizures . Took some blood and gave us some amatriptoline (sp) and anti seizure meds.

Still not sure though.
    Hi @Elrond,

The amitriptyline is to lessen nerve pains (as if there exist non-nerve pains!). The anti seizure meds will help against seizures but also to reduce nerve pains. If you noticed he is having pain in his legs, his pain is probably the answer. Hope it gets under control.
    Elrond likes this.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

Thanks all.
    Hopefully the bloods will show up the cause.

Bit of a worry

R93
    Thanks all.
    Hopefully the bloods will show up the cause.

Bit of a worry
    Hope it gets sorted and dog back to normal mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Elrond and Micky Duck like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Green Lip muscle extract will help with the hip & joint pain.Given daily will regain his mobility & reduce pain .
    Seen a dog recover after loosing use of his back legs ,vet said to put him down was no hope.
    My uncle put his little mate on Green Lip muscle 3 months later had his legs back .
    Gun control means using both hands

this sounds very much like a cerebral thing and im actually wondering if he may have suffered a series of very minor strokes or maybe an ongoing cerebral bleed.
    the reason for my saying this is his apparent confusion ,anxiety and failure to recognise you as the boss-all 180"to what youve previously seen him like.-like others vet is absolutely the best option
    interesting vet put him on anitdepressants and anticonvulsants.My late great corgi whiskey suffered focal point epilepsy and in consultation with a bloody cracker vet who stood back and said"youre the psychiatric nurse what do you think"I gotRoss to chart him dilantin which i could get from work anyhow;a lot of vets in that era used phenobarbitone-we used it ion humans who unlike dogs tolerated it-dogs became unpredictable ++++++++++.
    first signs of an episode -1xcapsule in a bit of butter slid in the side of his mouth.
    alas like my other immortal mate JJ lost both of them to cancer -JJ at 10 and whiskey at 11.5yrs. memories od my two greatest canine loves.
    anyhow best of luck and i sincerely hope ya canine mate does get his problem sorted.

I know what your saying about loosing your mates kotuku I lost my old dog Shadow last year ,his was heart failure & came quite quickly .
    Not nice to witness but must of been in a lot of pain too .

Some of your dogs problems can be due to pain ,he may actually think your causing it .
    Another option is Glucosamine they make it for dogs , helps with mobility & has pain relief .If not available locally I think
    Health Post stock it for dogs . I use Glucosamine myself but not the dog type .
    mrs dundee likes this.
    Gun control means using both hands

hope it works out good man.
    Use enough gun

Dog seems to have settled down. Got him on pain relief every night and he back to his old self. Did have another wee episode last week, which like the previous episode coincided with an electrical storm. Probably not related but it is a bit odd.

Thanks all for your recommendations and best wishes.

Thanks for updating us @Elrond. We are all pleased, I'm sure, that he didn't have to get put to sleep. Enjoy your dog.

Out of interest as we have an old, arthritic dog, what pain relief is your vet giving him now?
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

@Elrond, pleased to know he has improved ...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Thanks for updating us @Elrond. We are all pleased, I'm sure, that he didn't have to get put to sleep. Enjoy your dog.

Out of interest as we have an old, arthritic dog, what pain relief is your vet giving him now?
    It's called Metacam, seems to work real well

I wonder if anyone can help shed some light on some really odd behavoiur my dog is displaying.
    He is 7 year old Border Collie.
    He has hip problems - stiffnss and soreness, but is quite active.

Recently (last 2 months) he has started showing aggresion towards people (lunging and snapping) thankfully he hasnt bitten anyone. He now gets walked on the lead all the time unless we are somewhere with no people. We can manage this ok.

About a month ago he started growling when I give him food and when I walk near him when he is eating. He is normally a pretty cruisy animal.

Last night he got very anxious, started almost burrowing his way into me or the good lady. We couldnt hear anyything which might be upsetting him. (My wife says he did this last Sunday night too).
    He jumped up on the sofa, which he has never done previously. When I commanded he get off, he didnt listen and when I moved him he went for me. Didnt connect but it was full on and close. He settled down immediatly, but was still anxious.
    Seemed ok when I walked him this morning.
    bowel movement looked normal.
    The missues says he is really anxious "with a look of terror in his eyes"today and she cant move anywhere without him following really close.
    Any ideas?

have you had his eyes tested with a veterinary Ophthalmologist

Hi their. Just want some advice on my puppy she's 7 months now, I just talk her to come to me, my son told me how to do it, that's OK by herself, but if she's with Ace my sons dog I called her but she doesn't come cause she's too busy playing and full of beans, it takes me ages to get her and of course I get frustrated .

had similar problem had to make the older dog sit first before the young one would listen otherwise it was to excited to listen .
    mrs dundee likes this.