Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 1 Post By Pointer
  • 1 Post By Pointer
  • 1 Post By 257weatherby
  • 1 Post By kawhia

Thread: Leash

Leash

Im looking at nutting out a prototype adjustable waist leash designed aimed at people who have their dogs off leash majority of the time.

My question is what do the majority of dog owners prefer their leashes to be made from - leather, biothane, nylon?

Nylon webbing, looped through waist belt and tuck into it till I need it with a carbines on the end
    JasonW likes this.

leather jager lead.......... the germans beat ya too it.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    leather jager lead.......... the germans beat ya too it.
    Not quite, by waist leash I mean its worn around the waist when not in use and mine will be a silent slip leash type.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

why the waist, across the shoulder works good and the release is only a quick snap away....allows you to walk hands free as well

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    why the waist, across the shoulder works good and the release is only a quick snap away....allows you to walk hands free as well
    I just would prefer around the waist out of the way, Dads workmate when I was a kid I remember him telling my old man about it had one as a back up leash but had it made at the saddler to fit specifically around his waist which was just a normal leash with a ring to clip onto in the hand loop and it sat ontop his belt behind the handcuff and radio pouch. I want to make one with adjustable length.

I have a police style leash which is very similar to the jaeger leash but want something silent and with a slip leash.

I think tying a dog to your body is a recipe for disaster
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    I think tying a dog to your body is a recipe for disaster
    Agreed if off the track... its just carried on the waist when not in use. The dog isnt tethered to you by the waist.

Ok gotcha. To answer the question I prefer nylon
    JasonW likes this.

sneakywaza I got
    [QUOTE=Pointer;582431]Ok gotcha. To answer the question I prefer nylon
    Thought I'd fix it for ya........Ok gotcha. To answer the question I prefer nylons
    Pointer likes this.

Have a few different jäger leads, one very nice niggeloh one that is made out of some thin leather and very strong and silent, you can stuff it into your pocket, have another one that came with an import dog that is a heavy one designed to train the dog to heel on and off lead.
    It also unclips into a small tracking lead and can be clipped into a belt...
    JasonW likes this.

Ejected
    Ya behind the times. Got a purpose designed belt that can handle several dogs and hold a pocketknife, then got double ended clips made from wire rope. Handiest thing I've got those wire ropes.