Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Scott

Thread: Liv's first deer

Liv's first deer

Mate of mine was keen to go out for a look on tuesday as there is a wedding coming up, and its always nice to have some venison at such events.
    We had previously gone to the same spot a week or so before. Plenty of hinds around with fawn at foot. One silly spiker we spotted at 100m. The decision was made to leave him to grow we walked a further 20m to find he was still standing there. After a while he got bored of that so he sat down! Typical! So on that trip we only shot goats. The tuesday was a bit different, glassed for ages and nothing around. Not even any goats. Moved position, sat down and glassed again for ten min then decided which direction we would head. Just after we moved 3 fallow darted out from the bush below us (normally there are no fallow here). I quickly put the bipod out and lined up for a shot. They were on the move at 200m. The rear one stopped - i sent a 50g ballistic tipped projectile out of the .223 its direction and it tumbled down the hill into some scrub where i couldn't see it. We casually walked over with liv being told 'find the deer' She found it in a matter of minutes. Needless to say she was excited. After i gutted it my mate tied her to a nearby tree, i went and set up my new trail cam down by the creek where the deer had passed through. But by the time i got back liv had chewed through her lead - all she wanted to do was get back to the deer. Not bad for 5/6 months old. Now onto the duck retrieval....

Name:  DSCF2001.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.17 MB

Caretaker
    Lovely looking animal, and they will be the softest back steaks to ever come off your BBQ
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

thanks, pity its not my BBQ its going on - giving it to a mate... excuse to go out again!

Good effort. Nice looking GSP. Where abouts is Liv from?

we got her from queenstown. took a while to find one with the markings like she is. she is very intelligent but a grenade full of energy! GSPs need to come with a warning label attached!

Yeah she has really nice markings on her. Yep, been there, I have a GSP myself, full of energy as well! Great hunters though