Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hunt08

Thread: Looking for a home for a heading bitch

Looking for a home for a heading bitch

Iv got a heading bitch that I would like to find a good home for where she spends most of the day free range she is coming up 3years old.
    Reason for needing a new home is she seems to put her back out every now & again iv taken her to the vets when it has happened & they said they can't do much for it they said they could x-ray her but they said to do an opp would be big $ & they couldn't say if it would even help so there advice was not to go down that track there advice was you could try & manage it with not letting her jump & limiting how much running & clowning around she does witch dose work but the problems with that is I'm a fencing contractor so like to take my mate to work with me every day & when she feeling good she won't wait for me to lift her so I can't stop her jumping onto back of work vehicle & then she hurts her self again so if made the hard decision to try find a new home where she can cruise about with out doing to much jumping.
    The good points she been brought up round kids & is great with them she is training as a deer dog & I have shot probably bot 20 or so deer with her & she loves hunting & the way she is at the moment she would be good to take any where in the bush but when she puts her back out she has to stay home my gult feeling is if she doesn't jump she would live a good life & not have a sore back very often she got basic commands of come back sit & if she went to a lifestyle block she has got a left & a right for working stock but I haven't spent much time training her in stock work so she not very good yet so if anyone knows of a good home please let me know I'm happy if she goes out on a trial for a couple weeks to make sure that you both gel
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.