Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By Pointer

Thread: looking for a pup

looking for a pup

im looking at getting a pup to train for hunting, looking at gsps but cant find anyone that has them around my area.
    dose anyone have any pups theyre going to sell that i could come have a look at? im from masterton. cheers

Have you tried the Kennel club??

havent heard of them, ill look it up. cheers

we brought a gsp around 18 months ago from broadbents kennels up bay of island, pretty much fill out a order form for your dog, pay the money and it arrives on a plane... mail order dog

what did you pay for your pup tristan? just to give me an idea

umm was $800 for the pup and around $150 delivery, they supply the crate the pup comes in

There plenty in ch ch was at vet today and she said there are three litters of gsps . Two American lines and one English . Big litters 11 and 10 s . Can hook you up with breaders if you keen . you could probably steel one with 30 pups avail. Normally sell Around $850
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Id suggest you do a bit of homework first. You don't just go down to a car yard and say I want a car do you? Same with dogs and breeders. You will find developing a relationship first with the breeder will help you out a lot getting the right dog as well as help down the line if you need it. There are some good GSPs around.
    Pointer and Munsey like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Had a GSP loved it , I'm now on my 3rd Wirehaired Pointer. I got 2 of them fro a guy called Len Tonkin from Waitarere Beach down your way if this helps
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Id suggest you do a bit of homework first. You don't just go down to a car yard and say I want a car do you? Same with dogs and breeders. You will find developing a relationship first with the breeder will help you out a lot getting the right dog as well as help down the line if you need it. There are some good GSPs around.
    I agree with kj , I'm happy to do some homework for you on the dogs available in ch ch to be of some help if you want me to. But like kj says it's like buying a car, but remember some breeders are like used car salesman !
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

yeah im doing some homework trying to find ones that have good hunting lines, i got a hold of the guy up the bay of islands and he sent me an email saying he had a couple that could be what im looking for, plus they guarantee they dog will be good for hunting or they'll refund/replace the dog which is good. is it best to get some with papers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    yeah im doing some homework trying to find ones that have good hunting lines, i got a hold of the guy up the bay of islands and he sent me an email saying he had a couple that could be what im looking for, plus they guarantee they dog will be good for hunting or they'll refund/replace the dog which is good. is it best to get some with papers etc?
    sounds like you've been talking to jim, i got all the info here on the garrentee if needs be, we got our girl from him, couldnt be happier! awesome guy to deal with as well +10 for broadbents!

Ordering a dog by mail order is risky at best. If you have money to burn, go for it. Failing that, you need to see the parents.

Hunt down Ryen Carlsen, he has a cracker young dog going over a nice bitch soon. You can thank me later
    Jagdhundegsps likes this.