Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: A lucky pup

A lucky pup

Our dog Sako recently had her second and last litter of pups. The plan was never to keep one as life is hectic enough with three kids under five as it is. I had planned on another couple of years before bringing in a new pup to take the reigns from Sako when she was getting on in age. Despite weeks of argument and sound logic on my behalf it became clear no amount of reasoning was going to win my point. So here he is, the chosen one, Sako’s son Tine..

Kennel training has begun and despite the amount of work ahead I am excited to see the outcomes and rewards that come with it. He’s gonna be a big boy I think!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    jakewire, Tahr, buzzman and 26 others like this.

So cute, and judging by the size of those feet yeah he's gonna be a whopper
    Great to keep a good line going. I wish I had kept a pup from my old Rottie boy.
    stagstalker likes this.

when those cute brown eyes look at you.....logic goes out the window.
    enjoy the puppy love times.
    stagstalker likes this.

Hell yeh he has good size feet for a pup, will no doubt fill them and become a big boy. Good luck with the training but it will be worth it in the end.
    stagstalker likes this.

No matter what the old dogs never look stoked with the new additions to the family..
    rugerman and stagstalker like this.

I am not showing these pictures to my wife. She keeps saying, you know what you need Dave….
    keneff and stagstalker like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Tine continuing to grow. The young pup is coming along nicely. He’s happy and quiet in his kennel, has manners waiting for his food, has manners exiting the kennel, sit (stop) command going well, recall foundation has been set and he couldn’t get enough of chasing around his first duck wing the other day. Starting to get the hang of the do’s and don’ts around the house like not jumping on the kids and chewing things haha. He’s pretty responsive to a growl and works things out pretty quick which is choice. He plays with his mum Sako well although I wish she wasn’t such a sook and would growl him when he starts being to rough on the biting. Long road ahead with a lot more to do as he grows but he’s a happy boy.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    I am not showing these pictures to my wife. She keeps saying, you know what you need Dave….
    Divorce?
    rugerman likes this.

Oh my god he is so cute
    Sounds like you might have an old soul in a young dog. Seems to listen pretty well from the start and pays attention to what is going on around him. I've only had one of those

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Tine continuing to grow. The young pup is coming along nicely. He’s happy and quiet in his kennel, has manners waiting for his food, has manners exiting the kennel, sit (stop) command going well, recall foundation has been set and he couldn’t get enough of chasing around his first duck wing the other day. Starting to get the hang of the do’s and don’ts around the house like not jumping on the kids and chewing things haha. He’s pretty responsive to a growl and works things out pretty quick which is choice. He plays with his mum Sako well although I wish she wasn’t such a sook and would growl him when he starts being to rough on the biting. Long road ahead with a lot more to do as he grows but he’s a happy boy.
    stagstalker likes this.

Such a lovely looking dog reminds me of my yellow lab.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Give her a pat on the hed and ttell her you aleady have what you need. You'll get either a smack in the ear, or huge points
    stagstalker likes this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Getting bigger. Training going well too despite a good spell away with work recently. Started heel the other day which he picked up super quick and part way into force fetch to get his delivery better on retrieves. Lots of enthusiasm.

grown heaps since your last post....good to hear things are going well.
    PadLo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    grown heaps since your last post....good to hear things are going well.
    Was at the vet yesterday, his mum Sako is 31kg. At 6 1/2 months old he is 25.5kg

Gee he's a good looking dog,are you training your dog's using the blue print? Or do you use another method?
    Iv seen sako at work on your YouTube clips and wonder on your training method
    stagstalker likes this.