Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Neighbour's Dog got over my bitch...

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    probably give them away at about $2000 each .
    Only get that if it's got poodle in it. Call it a Whatthafucoodle and see if any yuppies front up the cash.
    Dago likes this.

Neighbours here have a pet dog that they have carefully fenced in with a 1.2m high fence. (Small dog, and fence is well adequate for the task) Their older neighbours have a friendly sheep dog (Like dougal if anyone remembers that show.......) He is also contained, and I use that term loosely, but a similar fence. He does not wander of venture out of the property as his 'fence' is called very good training. We were at a BBQ with the owners of the smaller dog and it was having a blast running around getting attention from the guests. The sheep dog was sitting on its door step looking very lonely when one of the kids from that household called it to come over. It perked up, walked over to the fence and stood there. As soon as its master (dad) called it, it stepped over the fence as if it was not there, came over for a bit of attention then when dad said OK boy, off home, the dog casually sauntered back to the fence, stepped over it effortlessly again and went back to the step where it likes sleeping.....

It showed two things to the group of people, one the dog is exceptionally well behaved / trained, and two, that fence is not there to keep the dog in, it is there to keep idiots out....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Had to laugh we just finished walking the dog this morning ran across another couple that where also out for a walk with there dog.

Its one of those Labradoodle things really not well behaved. Owners as well are a right pain in the ass.

Wife ask them to control there dog as its climbing all over ours whose not well. Gets talking to them trying to be nice asking them what type of dog it is.......

Dogs still not behaving owners making no effort. Wife's had enough and just say will you control your bloody mongrel! Should have seen the look on there faces!

Now Ive got frost bite of me pants as I wet em I was laughing so hard.
    40mm likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I hunt, therefore I am.
    No such thing as bad dogs, just bad owners. Believe me, if I was allowed to shoot shitty owners, the next census would be down quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    I be keen...need something with a nose to reap all the lost animals from hunters using thermals...never had these losses when they were spotlighting.
    Eh... aren't you the fulla that shoots dogs cos you don't know how to train them? You'll have to forgive me, but if anyone's shooting my dogs it's me (and as mentioned, I hate that.)

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    management may be looking for a pup (dog) at some point this year
    Yes...which cheese factory in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    might be just a bit far to travel for pickup
    I'll be overdue for a roadtrip by then

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    will they come with papers
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    blue or yellow zig zags perhaps LOL
    WRONG!...

green rizlas

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    why dont you go to the vets and get the doggy morning after pill , and send the bill to the dog owner
    As I understood that was a three or four day course of injections... asides from the $$, I'm not much one for chemicals or hormones or toxins, and since I wouldn't have em myself, I can't rightly subject m' mutt to em.
    Yeah. He didn't seem much interested, much less apologetic. He might be getting a hamper of puppies for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Takes two to tango. Pretty big ask expecting a dog to ignore nature.
    When I have a bitch on heat I make sure nothing can get to them.
    I don't expect a dog to ignore nature.
    I expect a dog OWNER to CONTROL THEIR FUCKEN MUTT.

Cage is in situ now for next season, but having a go on my own damn lawn is a bit rich innit. That thing comes back and it might just be getting shot. Poor mutt doesn't deserve it, but maybe get the message through to owner.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    I'm sure you wont have any trouble giving away the pups Mimms 2. Also a pretty good chance she isn't up the duff but time will tell aye.
    Fingers crossed it's a non-issue like you say.
    Just thought that, all good hunting breeds, could probably train the pups to whatever you wanted, the next purebred hunting stock... You heard it here first!
    rugerman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 308
    not smart enough to be useful
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Yeah it's not too hard to contain your animals if you give it a good go. I had no trouble for years with the Rotties in this place, but as soon as I got my Huntaway, holy shitbags he was a real escape artist. I ended up building a run with hurricane mesh and netting wired into the bottom to keep the little bastard in. I get a regular visit from one of the neighbours dogs, it gets through the 150mm sheep netting. So over, under and through if it's a mini yapper.

I hunt, therefore I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Yeah it's not too hard to contain your animals if you give it a good go..
    That's what slutted me. Asides from the couldn't-give-a-shit attitude, was the "he's normally tied up but we left him off cos we were only out for a half hour"...

Anyway. no point in stressing myself about it now. Time will tell.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

[QUOTE=mimms2

Yes...which cheese factory in particular?
    [/QUOTE]
    on the hauraki plains...... close to ngatea and paeroa...... let us know with any pics if unfortunate/fortunate enuff to have a selection of pups to move on (could only take one tho)

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    That's what slutted me. Asides from the couldn't-give-a-shit attitude, was the "he's normally tied up but we left him off cos we were only out for a half hour"...

Anyway. no point in stressing myself about it now. Time will tell.
    Dude , Im tryin to see it from the dog owners viewpoint..... honestly man Id have trouble keepin a straight face, barely controlled sniggering an all that ,.......but if I had the bitch Id be fucking ropable ......too.
    I know of one dog , a doberman who dug a 2m tunnel under the fence , and a brindle mutt of a thing (top family dog ) who chewed it way thru a wooden shed door and nailed the mother in laws poodle, did help when everyone else fell about the place laughing/crying .
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

I hunt, therefore I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    on the hauraki plains...... close to ngatea and paeroa...... let us know with any pics if unfortunate/fortunate enuff to have a selection of pups to move on (could only take one tho)
    Sweet will update this thread if/when... got a couple probably spoken for so depending how many she throws, 4-7 left!

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Dude , Im tryin to see it from the dog owners viewpoint..... honestly man Id have trouble keepin a straight face, barely controlled sniggering an all that ,.......but if I had the bitch Id be fucking ropable ......too.
    The owners viewpoint becomes irrelevant once his shit starts fucking my day up. Would you still be laughing if I dropped your dead dog on your door mat?
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

i have a dogo argentina x bull terrier, a really well behaved dog now 13 years old. he is dog friendly, cat friendly and stock proof ( though rabbits are the exception )
    so i took him for a walk and a snooty bitch around the corner saw him and picked up her upholstered rat (poodle/bichon thing)
    " he will kill it" she yelled at me
    no way i said, that thing could kill mine!!.................................he might choke on it

Sweet will update this thread if/when... got a couple probably spoken for so depending how many she throws, 4-7 left!

The owners viewpoint becomes irrelevant once his shit starts fucking my day up. Would you still be laughing if I dropped your dead dog on your door mat?
    Would be an interesting court case to sit through if you shot a dog which ventured on to your property because it was attracted to your bitch which was on heat. I suspect things wouldn't go as well for you as you would hope.
    rugerman, gsp follower and Danny like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Would be an interesting court case to sit through if you shot a dog which ventured on to your property because it was attracted to your bitch which was on heat. I suspect things wouldn't go as well for you as you would hope.
    Agree. There are only a few situations where it is deemed acceptable to shoot someone’s dog on your property, getting a leg over your bitch is not one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rugerman and gsp follower like this.

I hunt, therefore I am.
    Fair comments, though obviously not a view I hold.

My bitch could be considered my stock, and putting your dick in my stock is definitely harrassment!

So just in broader terms, you guys are all sweet with other people's animals all over your property?
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

MSL
    No, but having dealt with police on two occasions over the shooting of dogs, I reckon your reason wouldn’t fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmwsm likes this.

Fair comments, though obviously not a view I hold.

My bitch could be considered my stock, and putting your dick in my stock is definitely harrassment!

So just in broader terms, you guys are all sweet with other people's animals all over your property?
    I take precautions to ensure if a stray animal does end up on my property, it's not going leave any thing that I don't want.
    Like locking up my bitch when she is on heat, so IF OR WHEN a dog turns up, he can't get her.
    Are you telling us that when you were a young guy, you never cruised around places you shouldn't because there was a hot chick there? Most of us would have. And humans are supposed to be the smart animals, yet we can foresee the consequences, and we still do it.
    Dogs smell something and they see as far as the root. No kids, no beating from the old man.
    So in my book "shitty owners" can be on both sides of the fence (and I've been on both sides in the past). Those who let their dogs roam, and those who don't lock their bitches up.
    And those who shoot a dog for hanging around a bitch on heat are just pieces of shit.
    rugerman and Russian 22. like this.
    Overkill is still dead.