Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Neighbour's Dog got over my bitch...

I hunt, therefore I am.
    Not sure how we got so fixated on this, since I've stated I hate shooting dogs, but anyway.

So, 7mmwsm, if your bitch isn't on, taking that out of the equation, you're ok having other people's animals roaming round your place because "they didn't feel like tying them up"?
    Quote Originally Posted by 308
    not smart enough to be useful
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Not sure how we got so fixated on this, since I've stated I hate shooting dogs, but anyway.

So, 7mmwsm, if your bitch isn't on, taking that out of the equation, you're ok having other people's animals roaming round your place because "they didn't feel like tying them up"?
    No I don't put up with that either. But if you were having issues with a neighbouring dog roaming prior to your bitch coming on heat, surely you would have foreseen your bitch getting spudded up. Right?
    Overkill is still dead.

As I live alongside the bush I get dogs frequently roaming on the property, sometimes lost, other times because I have a bitch...I have never shot any of them, and yet I don't have a problem shooting dogs. For years I have performed a service to the local town of taking home and shooting unwanted dogs, these usually have bitten grandma or the kids one time too many. I got caught out once being asked to put a biting dog down, usual pitbully mongrel mutt, afterwards when I mentioned that the deed was done I was told "Oh, it wasn't mine, it was the neighbours but thanks any way".
    The local school had a lab wandering on the grounds biting kids and the owner just scoffed it off, I was at the school and all the kids were in lockdown at the time, I opened back door of my car and dog jumped in so I took it home and shot it...end of that problem.
    When it comes to bitches in season one needs to cage them, in fact I think the law puts the onus on bitches owner to do this.

theres a reason farms had thier bitch pens 10 feet in the air with removable ladders now you know what that reason is ,
    theres nothing that will stop a dog getting to a bitch at the hieght of her season except having to fly
    and ive seen a couple of clever friggin dogs who given enought time might have figured that out to.
    ive seen a 8year old retired huntaway travel 8 miles chew the bottom out of the pen the bitch was in.
    then be cheeky enough to be still there sitting with her in the morning grinning as only a dog can.
    easist problem inthe world to solve if you dont want pups spey the bitch.
    you wanna make up your mind mate you berate others for shooting dogs but are awful keen on shooting this fella for following his nature.
    ive shot lots of them as a young trainee shepherd it was part of my job to do it for all the ''hardmen'' shepherds who wouldnt or couldnt.
    i hated it to but in the last 2 years ive had two dogs tht were just guri mongrels you couldnt risk with anybody
    so i did whats right not politicly correct or spca sanctioned
    Last edited by gsp follower; 10-04-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    7mmwsm and Micky Duck like this.

And if you have seen dogs knotted through diamond mesh netting, it doesn't look like he is having a good time.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    And if you have seen dogs knotted through diamond mesh netting, it doesn't look like he is having a good time.
    ive seen bitches back up to dogs on thadges and lower them selves for the verticly challeged dogs.
    nature always finds a way
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    theres a reason farms had thier bitch pens 10 feet in the air with removable ladders now you know what that reason is ,
    theres nothing that will stop a dog getting to a bitch at the hieght of her season except having to fly
    and ive seen a couple of clever friggin dogs who given enought time might have figured that out to.
    ive seen a 8year old retired huntaway travel 8 miles chew the bottom out of the pen the bitch was in.
    then be cheeky enough to be still there sitting with her in the morning grinning as only a dog can.
    easist problem inthe world to solve if you dont want pups spey the bitch.
    you wanna make up your mind mate you berate others for shooting dogs but are awful keen on shooting this fella for following his nature.
    ive shot lots of them as a young trainee shepherd it was part of my job to do it for all the ''hardmen'' shepherds who wouldnt or couldnt.
    i hated it to but in the last 2 years ive had two dogs tht were just guri mongrels you couldnt risk with anybody
    so i did whats right not politicly correct or spca sanctioned
    Anyone who has read "Footrot Flats" would know about the bitches box and Dog's ingenuity plans to get to her.
    7mmwsm, Micky Duck and hebe like this.

One clever lab I know waited till the 2 red setter bitchs were out for a walk with the owner and snuck into the dog box and hid waited for them to return.... was still there in the morning and both red setters had litters!

if she is in pup just think of all that money you are going to make selling those pups as the latest fashion breed. aye @mimms2
    rugerman likes this.

Geeze it wasn't all that long ago I was the trouble maker climbing through bedroom windows.

Probably deserved to be shot several times.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

we had a pigdog bitch years ago who turned into a right hudini when in season...one wire missing on diamond mesh and she got out,ripped her flank open but old man found her knotted up to a lab a block away from home....she had pups from 3 different dogs one year...one was a blue healer,one tricoloured heading dog and third looked like german shepherd (but wasnt..kick in nuts to anyone silly enough to suggest it,was huntaway and awesome pig dog) the litter had three distinct looking pup types,as mum was straight black it was easy to see who dad was..the WORST I saw her do was drag one dog knotted up to her along to next dog on chain for his turn when they unknotted...she was a right slapper that one LOL.
    7mmwsm and gsp follower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    we had a pigdog bitch years ago who turned into a right hudini when in season...one wire missing on diamond mesh and she got out,ripped her flank open but old man found her knotted up to a lab a block away from home....she had pups from 3 different dogs one year...one was a blue healer,one tricoloured heading dog and third looked like german shepherd (but wasnt..kick in nuts to anyone silly enough to suggest it,was huntaway and awesome pig dog) the litter had three distinct looking pup types,as mum was straight black it was easy to see who dad was..the WORST I saw her do was drag one dog knotted up to her along to next dog on chain for his turn when they unknotted...she was a right slapper that one LOL.
    grubby bitch.
    when you see them hurting themselves to do it you know how little control they have.
    its all thousands of years of instinct and nature.
    Anyone who has read "Footrot Flats" would know about the bitches box and Dog's ingenuity plans to get to her.
    and yet......lol
    7mmwsm and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    grubby bitch.
    when you see them hurting themselves to do it you know how little control they have.
    its all thousands of years of instinct and nature.

and yet......lol
    That "thousands of years of instinct and nature" reminds me of little kids. I remember when I used to take my kids to playcentre. There would be a dust up among the kids and all the newish mums would come up with these great ideas on how to stop the kids fighting. All I could think was, man has been fighting since time began, and these ladies think they are going to snap their fingers and it will stop like that.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

I hunt, therefore I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    As I live alongside the bush I get dogs frequently roaming on the property, sometimes lost, other times because I have a bitch...I have never shot any of them, and yet I don't have a problem shooting dogs. For years I have performed a service to the local town of taking home and shooting unwanted dogs, these usually have bitten grandma or the kids one time too many. I got caught out once being asked to put a biting dog down, usual pitbully mongrel mutt, afterwards when I mentioned that the deed was done I was told "Oh, it wasn't mine, it was the neighbours but thanks any way".
    The local school had a lab wandering on the grounds biting kids and the owner just scoffed it off, I was at the school and all the kids were in lockdown at the time, I opened back door of my car and dog jumped in so I took it home and shot it...end of that problem.
    When it comes to bitches in season one needs to cage them, in fact I think the law puts the onus on bitches owner to do this.
    Right. Well if you seriously want one, you can have on the condition that you don't kill it, or cause it to be killed. Rather give it back or pass it on.
    rugerman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 308
    not smart enough to be useful
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

This is what every breeder should be doing.

The 3 litters of Rottie pups I had ( well you know ) I told the buyers to bring them back if it doesn't work out. Some breeds are not for first time dog owners really, unless they learn their shit, but there is usually a problem.
    As a lot of you guys will know, some breeds will test your dominance every few months for a while, until they finally accept their place in the family. I have seen some owners afraid of their own dogs at certain times like feeding. I usually feel sorry for the dog that turns on its' owner, since it's nearly always the owner who has half arsed it and not given the dog a definite position in the family. Some breeds either want to be the boss, or want you to be the boss, but someone has to be the boss.
    lol bleat over

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Right. Well if you seriously want one, you can have on the condition that you don't kill it, or cause it to be killed. Rather give it back or pass it on.
    Last edited by rugerman; 12-04-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Micky Duck likes this.