Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neckshot

Thread: New laws in Australia

New laws in Australia

I know it's a long way for most but over here we have finally been given a right that has up until now been senselessly kept from us. For those of you that are unaware in Victoria only sambar may be hunted with the aid of dogs and only in a small part of the state and the breeds were highly restricted. This was nonsense for us red deer hunters as they can be just as useful but if we were caught we'd lose our guns. A new revision of the laws has now enabled us to hunt all species except hog deer with dogs that includes gwp, gsp, labs, vizslas etc. A win for common sense? Yes.. But stained with some bad news. Our red deer population in Vic is not big and is limited to a small area but the government in all is wisdom has changed the season from 2 months to all year. The ultimatum was that or an extensive poisoning regime. Only short sighted yobbos from the city are praising this as they can now bomb the shi* out of everything year round with no thought of sustainability. Only a couple of years ago I ran into some Melbournites who couldn't figure out why they couldnt find any deer seeing as the year before they shot 25 and only the cut the heads off (23 of which were hinds) or the two big velvet stags I've been watching that have been shot a couple a weeks ago by a dog runner for dog Tucker. If you can't tell I've grown up in the mountains here and I hate that the deer I have respected and loved are facing a terrible plight.
    Sorry for the rant it's just been driving me wild!
    Jack

Banned
    I feel for ya mate its the waste that fucks me off, if you shoot it take the fuckn thing home for thr freezer take what you need nothing more.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Caretaker

New laws in Australia

Sorry to hear that Jack
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Don't get me started on it mate, it's amazing how
    Many people are for the whole thing but I guess it's the way things go. At least we get the dogs though, still debating what breeds my bro Ans I should go, German wirehairs are the most popular in Vic

Ejected
    Is it an any dog thing or specific breeds?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Jackp this is the perfect place for a rant so no need to apologies pal. There are dickheads all around the globe so you are not alone. Those idiots from Melbourne should be tied to the nearest gum tree and flogged one lash for every deer that they killed that they didn't carry out.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    I feel for ya mate its the waste that fucks me off, if you shoot it take the fuckn thing home for thr freezer take what you need nothing more.
    What he said ^
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.