Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By veitnamcam

Thread: Sister goes Hungary

Sister goes Hungary

My sister in Poland rang yesterday...she had not long returned from a trip to Budapest to visit a lady who rescues hunting dogs...primarily Vizslas...they rescued 200 hunting dogs last year most of whom went to the UK. In the snow in a large park she met up with the people, eight of them in all with nine Vizsla! She said the dogs were very nice and it was a great privilege for her to have had the opportunity...they intend to get a Vizsla when they return to New Zealand. The thing that really disappointed her was that during the entire trip it was either raining or snowing and she saw very little of the countryside. She and my nieces arrived back to Poland where there had been 15cm of snow whilst they were away! Cannot wait for some fotos from her!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Budapest is a beautiful city EeeBees. I have not been there in the winter time but can imagine that the place looks fantastic with a covering of snow.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Rushy, my sister was telling me about the opera house...built during the Austrian Hungarian dynasty...Budapest petitioned Franz Josef to build one...he gave his permission but the building could be taller or bigger than the one in Vienna!!
    She said they stopped for a meal in Slovenia and the dining area was literaly festooned with game trophies...the walls were covered with Red and Roe mounts.

I had it really good while I was there. My wife's uncle was the European Union Ambassador to Hungary (this is prior the country joining the EU) and he made a great tour guide. We got to stay at his residence and had access to his staff. The chef was fantastic, he actually drove to Austria one morning to buy some schnitzel for our lunch. The key thing that stood out for me in Budapest (having just recently been in Prague) was the pock marks (machine gun damage) from WWII
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

I often wondered why people from Hungary didnt just move to Turkey

OK shit joke, Il slink off into my corner now.
    Wirehunt, 7mmsaum and EeeBees like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    So you should VC.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I often wondered why people from Hungary didnt just move to Turkey

OK shit joke, Il slink off into my corner now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    The key thing that stood out for me in Budapest (having just recently been in Prague) was the pock marks (machine gun damage) from WWII
    +1 and how depressed a lot of the locals looked, made me appreciated home, cheap place to visit when I was there years ago.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Tell her to bring a Vizsla home with her!

Cannot beat traditional Polish food, a trip o the death camps, saddest places I've every been,the salt mine in Krackow, has a cathedral carved from the salt 130metres down and the uprising museum in Warsaw, can't trust your allies? left out to dry, 18000 killed all named on the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Cannot beat traditional Polish food, a trip o the death camps, saddest places I've every been,the salt mine in Krackow, has a cathedral carved from the salt 130metres down and the uprising museum in Warsaw, can't trust your allies? left out to dry, 18000 killed all named on the wall!
    Maca, my sister asked me if I felt I 'needed' to visit these places...I declined...there is just no way I could have...she told me the story of friends of the family, who finally found the wherewithal to go back and visit their homeland after many years...they visited the camp that they had been in, what really upset the husband was seeing his own suitcase among the huge pile of them...I just cannot imagine how anyone could be expected to feel...or even how they could have gone back to have a look...I guess it is about closure, I suppose...

Polish food...fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Tell her to bring a Vizsla home with her!
    I am working on her!!!! Do it, just do it I keep saying to her...

HF1
    And then the uprising in ?1956 - Clive Barker wrote about that but I can't remember the name of the book. I think he got stuck there and was a journalist. From memory he got shot too. They called it 'The School Childrens' War' - when the students revolted against the communists and threw jars of jam at the tanks. Interesting reading if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Maca, my sister asked me if I felt I 'needed' to visit these places...I declined...there is just no way I could have...she told me the story of friends of the family, who finally found the wherewithal to go back and visit their homeland after many years...they visited the camp that they had been in, what really upset the husband was seeing his own suitcase among the huge pile of them...I just cannot imagine how anyone could be expected to feel...or even how they could have gone back to have a look...I guess it is about closure, I suppose...

Polish food...fantastic...
    I've been to Poland twice, my father inlaws brother is buried in the war cemetery in Krackow, died in an explosion on a train being repatriated after release from a pow in 1945. My daughter and wife are the only blood every to have visited the grave. The way they look after the war graves over there is a real credit to their country.
    That's amazing that someone goes back to Aushwitz and see their own case, it's a very sad place, everyone is laughing and taking photos when you enter but it disappears pretty fast and the cameras lie idle, is just not right to photograph
    The square in Krackow is a great place to spend a few days, the city was occupied but never bombed. Warsaw was flattened and has been rebuilt on the rubble.
    One country that has had is rough.

Sister was saying what Hitler thought of the Poles yet he was against destroying Krakow because of the arts and seats of learning there...yes. I loved the square!! We had to take the obligatory ride around the city...note how the shoes of the horses are built up to cushion their legs...

A building in Zakapone the ski resort...

Sorry absolutely nothing about DOGS!