Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By Bobba
  • 1 Post By Bobba
  • 1 Post By Cigar
  • 1 Post By Bobba

Thread: Twinneedle Molly Dog Harness

Twinneedle Molly Dog Harness

So I had been looking at dog packs for a while but nothing quite seemed right so when I heard about twineedles new molley harness I contacted them to get more details.

The harness is kinda still in development and they only have one size so thats why they havnt been pushing it and there's limited info on there website. They said the size they have is suitable for pointer sized dogs so I decided to give it go and jumped in and ordered one.

Turned up two days later and is built well like most twinneedle gear.
    Name:  20220602_130621.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  216.0 KB

I had a couple of large utility pouches already which fitted perfectly. Bit of a drama getting it on him the first time and getting it adjusted but it seems to fit well. I'm in the middle of the adjustments and Spuds a large 30kg Vizsla. He didn't seem so impressed with it at first.

Name:  20220603_151504.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  125.7 KB

Got him out in it on the weekend for a good walk and with the excitement of going bush he didn't seem to care it was there. I had two days food, blanket, jacket and long line in it which I didn't weigh but will next time. Could easily get 4 maybe 5 days food in which means I don't need to carry anything for him.

He does need to learn he's 10cm wider on each side but overall after a 4hour walk in then out it didn't seem to bother him at all and it stayed in place well. The only thing I did notice is it has rubbed him a bit across the chest and behind the front legs so will have a better play with the adjustments.

Anyway a good bit of kit that I'm more than happy with.

Be cool if you could weigh it. Be good to have a harness that doesn't wear out.

How much are they?

Hi Thanks for that,
    I got a quote for one for my setter 2 months back and just revisited it with them end of last week.
    They asked me to confirm the dogs measurements. He's about 29-30kg as well so I think I can say he's similar to your vizsla. Probably a little shorter as he's quite solid for a setter.
    Given my dogs black and tan I'm looking at the orange bags as he disappears in heavy shade.
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    How much are they?
    $139 for the harness then you will need to add pouches.
    Chur Bay likes this.

That looks good. My Vizsla is only 24kgs, do you think it would have enough adjustment for a dog this size?

Gone but not forgotten
    Looks the business, and the price seems very reasonable.
    If I loaded the pouches with lead it might slow my girl down to my walking pace!
    Bobba likes this.

Just weighed it and it's 4.7kg with the two large pouches and a bit of kaimanawa bush. You could take the D ring off to save a bit of weight.

Looking at the amount of adjustment again it's over half way more like 2/3rds so plenty of adjustment for smaller sized dogs.
    Johnstur likes this.