Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Vizsla Pup Wanted.

Hi Guys.
    As some of you may of read i lost my boy Sarge the other day so i will need to get another pup at some stage but not just yet.
    I have my name down with Wilsons in Te Anau and i will contact the breeders of Sarge but is there anyone else that i should look at for a good hunting pup?

Cheers
    Mal

Just focus on a kennel that hunts over the parents and breeds primarily to produce hunting dogs for themselves. Doesn't really matter if they show as well.. but the axiom is Do they breed a dog to hunt and also show it, or do they breed a hunting breed and show it and talk up the hunting side with anecdotal references to people who have hunted their dogs... big difference.

Good luck and I hope you get a better go of it this time round...

I know that I made you aware of this litter Mal, but I'll put it up here for others too.

Contract culler Dave Wilson in Te Anau is putting his top dog Moose over an import bitch who is out of a top working hungarian kennel, she is litter sister to a bitch I imported in 2009. This will be a very good working litter, as good as any in NZ. I suggest you get in contact if you want a well bred Vizsla.

Failing that, I have been offered a pup from a mating that took place a few days ago is Aussie. The sire is out of the same hungarian bitch that sired mine and daves bitch, and his sire is of the hungarian pannonia FTCH line. He is being put over a bitch of the older Matai kennels (hungary) lines in Aussie. I feel this will be a top mating of some excellent lines, with proven parents also. Anyone keen on that one PM me I can organise getting it here for you

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    hmmmm... Been thinking about getting another dog recently... My English Springer Spaniel is away at the moment "seeing" a bitch, but I'm thinking about something different, either a GWP, or maybe a Vizsla. I have a big yard, and 10 acres, my duckpond is about 700m from the house... Might just get in touch with Dave. Do you have a contact number Pointer?
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Not offhand no, I'm at work. A google search for 'hunt south Dave Wilson te anau' will bring up his number. I feel for a deer dog, putting his dog of the kiwi hunting lines over the import would be good, the hungarian stuff is a fair bit hotter than most kiwis are used to in Vizslak.
    If you want the real deal versatile Vizsla I'd grab a pup off the one in Aussie, will be a machine. Serious enquiries PM me, will put you in touch or organise it for you, would love to see a dog of this breeding here in NZ.

Sounds like great stuff!