Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Stiller custom actions arrived

Talking Stiller custom actions arrived

Hi Guys,

After a looooooonnng delay getting permits sorted (as well as dealing with all the other associated hassles with importing gunparts now) I have finally got the first shipment of Stiller actions in the shop.

Alot of these are pre-sold for customers jobs, but i did end up having to get in some extra actions in order to make up the required numbers, and to spread the costs.

I have managed to secure all they had in stock in 'left-hand' currently, as they only do production of these about once or twice a year at the most.

Some more RH actions are due soon - if you want these you will need to pre-order though. (especially RH short actions - 2-3 months out)

Anyway, the good news for the lefties is i have 7 actions spare which are up for sale - now!:

2x Predator - long action '308' bolt face
    2x Predator - long action 'magnum' bolt face
    3x Predator - short action '308' bolt face

also, 1x Tac300 Right-hand (long action) - 'Magnum' bolt face

Name:  P1030054.jpg
Views: 10052
Size:  240.9 KB

Name:  P1030055.jpg
Views: 6049
Size:  244.9 KB

Name:  P1030056.jpg
Views: 4970
Size:  261.1 KB

For the guys on the forum i will be doing a special price on these for the next 2 weeks: $1287.61+ GST ( $1480.00 incl). Plus courier to you. Anything left after that time will be going into inventory and will be at a higher price.

This includes: Action, PTG 1-pc bolt assy (with 0.067" fully-guided firing pin tip, m16-style extractor, plunger type ejector), PTG rem-style lug including alignment pin, and picatinny zero MOA rail and screws included as a package.

NOT INCLUDED: Bottom metal, action screws, or trigger.

Upgrades: Tactical bolt knob - add $25.00
    20 MOA rail (instead of zero MOA rail) - add $40.00
    Timney Trigger - add $250.00
    Jewell HVR trigger - add $440.00

I can do this special package on the (1 only) RH Tac300 Magnum too if anyone is keen on that.

Offer is valid for 2 weeks at this price only (17th July, 2013), or until items are sold (whichever comes first) - and you will need to quote this forum post.

Due to the dollar diving the next actions will probably be more expensive than these ones, so if you want one don't muck about. They will go at this price.

Usual firearms license/purchasing requirements/proceedures must be followed, as these are 'legally' a firearm.

First in (with payment) -first served.

More info at: Stillers Precision Firearms

All actions are stainless (including the TAC series).

Predator actions use 6-48 screws. Tac series are 8-40 screws. Both are set-up for 1/8" dual recoil pins on the picatinny bases.

Mag cut-outs:

TAC30 and TAC300 - same as Remington 700 factory (2.970" and 3.818")

Predator 'short': 3.100"

Predator 'Long' : 3.950"

Bolt body dia: 0.7020" . Bolt bore raceway: 0.7045"

If you need any other info, or to place an order: EMAIL ME directly please - do not PM me on this.

dean@gunsmith.co.nz
    DAF, Wildman, Bryan and 2 others like this.

Still got a few of these left. If you are keen on one as part of a custom rifle build from me, or if you just want to purchase an action, then zap me an email.

dean@gunsmith.co.nz

To give you an idea of the cost savings here, if you were to do a DIY one-off import for one action with p/rail, you would be looking at about NZ$2060.00 (incl gst), including the freight, export permit, customs and clearance fees (and GST) at this end. It is all these hidden costs that guys aren't often aware of if they try to do an import themselves.
    (the above figure based on current exchange rate of US$0.78 )

RIGHT HAND ACTION ORDERS - get in now for my next order being placed in the next week or two.

Will be able to do a good price on these again if we get enough actions to ship together to spread the freight and customs costs. (Deposit will be required up-front though.)

Email me directly to place your order and to see what is available ex-stock. While i still have the sole NZ agency for this i will be trying to keep the prices down. But if the agency gets poached (or 'shared') then it will mean only smaller orders placed in the future, and hence more cost per unit. So, if you want a good deal, get in now !

Cheers,

Dean.

Right hand actions just arrived. Including the first of the Spectre rifle actions ever into NZ ! (already sold).

Have spare: 1x only TAC30 AW RH action with .308 bolt face (no feed rails - must be fed from either standard Accuracy International magazines, or the wide double-stack AW magazines.

Including 3/16" pinned recoil lug and 20MOA rail + screws - special price $1570.00 Incl gst. (no trigger or bottom metal included at this price, but i can supply these if required.)

Email or phone me if you want to secure this. I also have some regular Boyds stocks on hand now. 'Tacticools' arriving soon.

Dean.

Do you have classic pepper stock

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Do you have classic pepper stock
    For 300 rum rem 700 spss? Ta

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    For 300 rum rem 700 spss? Ta
    Yes, 1 only - Rem 700 Long action Classic Pepper. Email me on: dean@gunsmith.co.nz to sort out payment/delivery.

Cheers,

Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by dfmaisey View Post
    Right hand actions just arrived. Including the first of the Spectre rifle actions ever into NZ ! (already sold).

Have spare: 1x only TAC30 AW RH action with .308 bolt face (no feed rails - must be fed from either standard Accuracy International magazines, or the wide double-stack AW magazines.

Including 3/16" pinned recoil lug and 20MOA rail + screws - special price $1570.00 Incl gst. (no trigger or bottom metal included at this price, but i can supply these if required.)

Email or phone me if you want to secure this. I also have some regular Boyds stocks on hand now. 'Tacticools' arriving soon.

Dean.
    Just a note that the TAC30-AW RH action above is still available. Will work great with an AICS or other 'chassis system' type stock that accepts Accuracy international mags directly. Or you can fit to a conventional stock and use Stiller DBM kit and AI mags, which i can also supply if you want.

Also still have a couple of Left-hand actions left from our original shipment at $1550.00 (incl GST) including picatinny rail. I have one listed on TM but obviously have to add on the cost of TM fees if i list them there. Cheaper for purchaser to buy direct from me.

dean@gunsmith.co.nz

RIGHT HAND CUSTOM ACTIONS.

I have a few more actions coming out soon, probably arriving in January now to avoid the Xmas postal service madness.

There will be some RH short actions and long actions in the Tac series, .308 bolt face, a couple with .223 bolt face, and a few Magnum ones also. For the money these are a much better option than truing up a remy, especially if you don't already have a donor action kicking around. There are much better features in these actions that a trued remy will still be short of, like much better extraction cam and better firing pin system as well.

Also have one of the new Spectre actions available (in short action, .308 bolt face). These are set-up to compete with the Surgeon actions (integral 20 MOA rail) and are alot cheaper.

Some of the actions in this next order are already pre-sold, but there are some spare ones there for anyone who needs an action for a rifle build project.

Yes KG, your Tac338 will be in with that lot !! (that's what's been holding everything up!)

Email me for price details, etc.

Cheers,

dean@gunsmith.co.nz

More actions due in about 2 months. If you want one added to the list for a project let me know. These are still the best value custom action on the market in NZ. Proven product from a reputable maker.

Still have a few LH ones in stock here, and only 1 RH action spare currently, if you need something soon-ish.

As usual, email is the best way to get in touch for orders. dean@gunsmith.co.nz
    7mmsaum and Bryan like this.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

RH actions now all sold. Still a couple of LH ones here if required.

More RH actions, Jewell triggers, wyatt boxes, etc. due in a couple of months. Order now if you want something specific like a medium WSM Predator action, or a Tac338, etc. added to the list.

Will have a few extra Tac300 and Predator actions for stock.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

Just unpacked another order of Stiller custom actions and Jewell triggers today. Most are sold already, but do have a few spare Tac30 and Tac300 actions available if anyone needs ones for a build/project. Current price is $1365+gst for package deal with action/bolt, pinned recoil lug (tapered type), and 20 MOA base (with screws and alignment pins). Very sharp price for a custom action, better that going through the mission of trying to dolly up a Rem700 for the same outlay (if buying everything new).

Also have some Jewell HVR triggers for Rem700 actions (with bolt release) available. Email preferred rather than PM please. Cheers.

dean@gunsmith.co.nz

Got a couple of actions left in stock. Taking orders now for next consignment which will likely be a couple of months away. Deposit required to secure any special-order actions.

What's your current stock and pricing on these Dean?

@dfmaisey did you have any luck with those browning abolt parts?