Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Vol Fire crew, who is one?

Volly- 5 Years- QFF at WVFB North Canterbury
    charlie1991 likes this.

4.5 years in Wairoa whilst doing auto electrical apprenticeship... Cyclone Bola we where on call for two weeks. Averaged 120 calls a year Our area was huge Halfway to Napier and Gisborne. All up to Waikaremoana and the Ruakituri valley.... With the ammonia refrigeration at the freezing works and 4 large LPG storage facilities we had good crews training and gear.... Then I Transferred to a rural brigade top of the south island.... Oh dear! Dads army......
    BRADS likes this.

Gidday Team. Nearly 7 years with Ruakaka - Northland. Just moved to Geraldine - Canterbury and will be making inquiries to join here as well. Anyone else in my neck of the woods keen for a beer it'd be great to catch up.
    Joe_90 likes this.

Finished up as SO last year after just over a decade as an urban volly, Featherston then Carterton brigade. Since took me over 6 months to get used to the sound of the siren spooling up without jumping up ready to bolt! Still miss the comradery but not the 3am low battery pager beeps!
    BRADS and Joe_90 like this.

Last weekend completed the Lead a Vegetation Crew course. So I'm now a qualified crew leader :-)

Gday everyone. I have recently joined the volly fire brigade in Ohai, Southland. Really enjoying it so far. Is proving to be a good way to connect to the community.
    308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaki bushman View Post
    Gday everyone. I have recently joined the volly fire brigade in Ohai, Southland. Really enjoying it so far. Is proving to be a good way to connect to the community.
    Good on ya and welcome to the forum