Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Willie
  • 4 Post By P38
  • 5 Post By Pengy

Thread: volunteering

volunteering

I am not as fit as I used to be but you can get a good days work out of me.
    This has crossed my mind may times in the last year or so. I am not as fit as I used to be but you will get a days work out of me. Supply me with food and water and I will happily help you out.
    I have my own family so planning is key but I would like to help someone out that needs it.
    Surprisingly good with a paint brush and wall papering or home decor and have own arms and legs so can help with other things.
    Sometimes you need a hand so ask away and I am happy to help you out, might not be tomorrow but as long as I can sort my family out I am yours for a day.

Oh and kinda needs to be about the Waikato due to transport issues with my lovely wife.
    Beaker, Blue Arrow and screamO like this.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

P38
    Good on Ya @Willie

What are you like on the carry?

Always looking for someone to do the hard work when coming off the hill after a successful day.

Cheers
    Pete
    Pengy, Toby, Beaker and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I am not as fit as I used to be but you can get a good days work out of me.
    This has crossed my mind may times in the last year or so. I am not as fit as I used to be but you will get a days work out of me. Supply me with food and water and I will happily help you out.
    I have my own family so planning is key but I would like to help someone out that needs it.
    Surprisingly good with a paint brush and wall papering or home decor and have own arms and legs so can help with other things.
    Sometimes you need a hand so ask away and I am happy to help you out, might not be tomorrow but as long as I can sort my family out I am yours for a day.

Oh and kinda needs to be about the Waikato due to transport issues with my lovely wife.
    You sound like just the sort of person to help out a local group, maybe SAR or similar.
    It is very rewarding and you get to put something back into your community.
    Toby, BRADS, Beaker and 2 others like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    You sound like just the sort of person to help out a local group, maybe SAR or similar.
    It is very rewarding and you get to put something back into your community.
    Yeah I have the medical skills for the likes of SAR, i used to train emergency response teams so at the last count had most of the tickets just not the searching part, and I just don't always have the opportunity to devote the required time to it so happy to help in other ways.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    well there you are then, or the volunteer fire service, meals on wheels etc
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Willie. You don't have to commit to anything concrete time wise, just as much or as little as your life allows.
    I am 100% sure that you will have a skill set that a local group would find very helpful.
    As far as Sar goes, the actual search part is only just that, a part. Base crew, radio operators etc etc are needed just as much as ground troops.
    Imagine getting yourself lost in the Kaimais and being able to find yourself
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

You could also try volunteering for some of the long distance races and events like the oxfam trail walker as those volunteers work there asses off- however they tend to enjoy it!