Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By hunterAT
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: O’Rourke in Pleasant Point

O’Rourke in Pleasant Point

In March I dropped off some trophies at O’Rourke Taxidermists in Pleasant Point.

In June they let me know that I could expect my items to be ready and shipped by August.

When nothing had happened until mid-October I sent an email. No reply. Since then I have sent to 2 more emails. Still no reply. Pretty strange as they used to reply promptly.

Is the business not operating due to the absence of international hunters? Or is it something else? Does anybody know?

Bos
    Pretty sure O'Rourkes dont own it any more but still obviously trading under the same name.......could be wrong
    Cant really be of any more help but have you tried calling them? Maybe call the supermarket or the pub cos everyone in a small town like PP will know whats going on

@hunterAT they are still open and operating although under new ownership. They have been hit hard by COVID (like many similar industries) so I would have thought that work they already have would be a bonus for them. Keep at them, or ring if possible? I'm happy to check up on their contact details for you if needed?

the orouke lads themselves are top blokes...one passed away in last year...yes shop is under new ownership.
    DEFINATELY give them a ring...and keep trying,mate got stuff done there 3 years ago and it was all good.
    if no joy get back to us and someone will pop in and check...
    Trout likes this.

Thank you for your help!

Indeed, new owners.

Had some technical issues with calling them before. Found the problem now so it worked just fine. Was told that the trophies were ready but export wouldn't be possible before next year. And my e-mails had never arrived, probably went into the spam folder.
    Micky Duck likes this.

awesome to hear you have it sorted now.....freight sure has become problimatic...and the usual Christmas rush will make it even more so this year.
    hunterAT likes this.