Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By time out

Thread: WTB: Peacock or pheasant

WTB: Peacock or pheasant

Can anyone please point me in the direction of where I can get my hands on a taxidermy peacock? We had some on our last farm but unfortunately missed the boat to get one and I have wanted one for a “decorative” piece for a while now. Have only found fake ones, half ones mounted to a back board. Looking for one in the style of long tail feathers as opposed to fanned out.
    Also keen on a pheasant if I can’t get hold of a peacock. I’m in the process of redecorating and don’t have patience or time to get my own done.
    If anyone can point me in the right direction for any hunting/ game style decor please do! There’s only so many skulls and jaws a house can take.

Just to add, don’t have a kidney to offer In exchange but can pay a reasonable amount. Am
    Located in south Waikato and happy to go through trade me to make things more secure or buy direct.

pretty sure one of the antique/collectable shops in paeroa has a pheasant will have a look next time i get dragged there

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    pretty sure one of the antique/collectable shops in paeroa has a pheasant will have a look next time i get dragged there
    I didn’t even think about second hand shops! I may be able to get over if there’s one around.

How about a picture of a live one on the wall Chelsea
    We had them all over the property and I took thousands of pictures over the years – I only ever shot one when I was a lad
    Roosters, hens, groups, mates or scrappers – whatever you want – I can send you files
    This one is a pretty rooster
    Name:  045 2.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  260.3 KB
    dannyb, Chelsea and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    What Grant does with dead peacocks in his own time is none of my business!

@Chelsea
    Wants I should roll this up and send it to you?
    Green blur is length of rifle.
    Nice looking bird! If you got one done I’d happily purchase one from you. I called a couple taxidermist up Waikato and either got no answer or got a no to doing a bird or having any available.

Quote Originally Posted by time out View Post
    How about a picture of a live one on the wall Chelsea
    We had them all over the property and I took thousands of pictures over the years – I only ever shot one when I was a lad
    Roosters, hens, groups, mates or scrappers – whatever you want – I can send you files
    This one is a pretty rooster
    Attachment 178419
    Wow this would look nice on a piece of canvas! Good photo skills! Always keen on good artwork

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    There is a bit of homework required with getting a Peacock mounted. They need to be shot at a particular time of year or the feathers will fall out. So be wary if you are buying a mounted bird.
    This is starting to sound out of reach haha, maybe that’s why some people are not so keen on doing one. I did find a fairly average one online for $2000 starting to think I’ll have to sell a kidney to get one.