Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunter3030

Thread: anyone had any first-hand extended experience shooting the Prime CT9?

anyone had any first-hand extended experience shooting the Prime CT9?

On paper it looks great - forgiving with the long ATA. Reviews (Uncle Google and YouTube) all say the same thing: comfortable grip, great balance, smooth draw cycle, shoots nicely, quiet and no vibrations. By all accounts it's what the TRX 38 should have been (and that's already a great bow) - and similar to the CT5 but with even less vibration.

But I don't see anybody using it competitively - not sure if that's because there are (somehow) issues with accuracy or consistency - or maybe it's just too new on the market - or Hoyt and PSE are 'buying' all the competitors ...

Appreciate any feedback from first-hand experience.

Cheers.

Hi, Although I have not used the CT9 or the CT5, I do know about the smaller cousin the CT3. I have one and it is a dream to shoot. Quiet and very forgiving. I shot for a few months with the Limb stops but have changed to the string stops. I got one due to the twin cam system and minimal if any torqueing of the riser. My groups tightened up pretty smartly using this bow.

I know what you mean in not seeing to many using the Primes. Here in Oz there are only two agents. one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. I am in Qld. Nothing wrong with accuracy or consistency. Many do not want to try anything different. Me, I want to be different and not a follower.

I am coming over in the next three weeks with my CT3 to hunt the Ruahines, Area around Mosgiel and Blenheim. I hope the deer will be kind to me, but if a pig or goat present themselves, so be it. I am comfortable out to 50yds.
    Shearer likes this.