Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By k.chamby

Thread: Bowhunting partner Wellington

Bowhunting partner Wellington

Hi,
    looking for a bow hunting partner in the Wellington area to explore the South Coast and Wairarapa areas.
    I can usually get away every other weekend with the occasional overnighter. I have my own car and are keen to share petrol costs.

I've been flinging arrows seriously for about 2yrs and hunting for about 6mths.
    I'm also a (new) member of the NZ Bowhunter's Society. I've yet to shoot anything bigger than a bunny but I'm starting to see deer,goats and pigs when I go out, so it's only time now!

I am 35, married and have a 20mth old. As well as Archery I'm into surfing and fly fishing and surfcasting.
    Happy to have a yarn and a laugh. Be keen to have a beer and size each other up.

Cheers
    Rob
    Last edited by Blue Arrow; 11-03-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Although I am not in the Wellington area I would be keen on catching up if I am ever down those ways.

25, married with 2.5 year old. Been hunting for years and been into archery hunting for 10 years. Only just started hunting NZ with my bow as I grew up in the US but married a kiwi girl and now call this place home.

Cheers
    Keith
    Blue Arrow likes this.

Sent you a PM mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Arrow View Post
    Hi,
    looking for a bow hunting partner in the Wellington area to explore the South Coast and Wairarapa areas.
    I can usually get away every other weekend with the occasional overnighter. I have my own car and are keen to share petrol costs.

I've been flinging arrows seriously for about 2yrs and hunting for about 6mths.
    I'm also a (new) member of the NZ Bowhunter's Society. I've yet to shoot anything bigger than a bunny but I'm starting to see deer,goats and pigs when I go out, so it's only time now!

I am 35, married and have a 20mth old. As well as Archery I'm into surfing and fly fishing and surfcasting.
    Happy to have a yarn and a laugh. Be keen to have a beer and size each other up.

Cheers
    Rob
    Hey Guys,

I may be moving to Welly in a couple of months. I have also just taken up a bow and I surf, spearfish, surfcast and flyfish so if you guys are around and still looking for another buddy I'd be very keen.

I would probably be in the Kapiti area.

Regards,
    Dawie

The kapiti club has a few hunters in it if I recall. I'm up in Palmy and have yet to take medium game with my bow. I'll be in wellies in 2-3 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Dawie,
    give us an private message when you're down here and we'll go for a coffee/beer and sus each other out.
    As Feral said there is an archery club in the Kapiti area, I believe it has a 3D hunting target course.

Thank you guys. I should be there in a few weeks but my bow will only get there in Jan with the rest of our stuff. Will be in touch.