Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheep bow

daz

Cheep bow

I am looking at a few cheep compound bows just after goats realy, I have been looking at a few on Ali express, would they be any good and will I have any trouble importing it into the country? Cheers

Don't go too cheap, it will either be inaccurate, noisy, gutless or dangerous..... but most probably all of those mixed into one beautful peice of crap.

Stick with a good brand new or 2nd hand and you won't go too wrong. For the sake of a few $ get something that will shoot straight and kill clean, goats, pigs or deer die the same but you want it fast and clean. A good bow will help and you wont regret it.
    Ping-Ping and Pew-Pew.
    Mathews Monster 28" @ 60#. X-Bolt .308

The Bear bows are pretty good value, I got a Bear Attitude about 2 years ago for around $600 and it has been really good. There may be better options though, I chose this bow since it was one of the only ones that could accommodate my 31" draw length.

What do you consider cheap?

yeah 400 might be a bit too cheap.... 600-700 is a safe bet. Look for 2nd hand and you'll get a better bow. Archerydirect has few good 2nd hand ones, and they'll make sure its good to shoot and won't blow up in your face
    Ping-Ping and Pew-Pew.

I agree with Chris, second hand might be the way to go. That way you might be able to get a better bow:
    If I had only $400 I'd get this: PSE dream season DNA 2013 60lb | Trade Me
    You'd still need arrows, a sight and quiver.

I use a PSE Vision cost about $550 with accessories from advanced archery about 18mths ago.

Hi a mate of myn has a really nice bear & a stack of accessories bloke has spent a lifetime bow hunting but health age is stopping him now so he,s looking to start selling his stuff , I think the bow is 65lb & asking around $550.
    Have you worked out what your draw length is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Hi a mate of myn has a really nice bear & a stack of accessories bloke has spent a lifetime bow hunting but health age is stopping him now so he,s looking to start selling his stuff , I think the bow is 65lb & asking around $550.
    Have you worked out what your draw length is ?
    Bargain... grab it!
    Ping-Ping and Pew-Pew.

Funny - I just now logged on to put my bow up for sale - might interest you . It's a Browning Mirage recurve compound, 70 lbs, in camo. I shattered a wrist and buggered both shoulders in a bad fall awhile back and simply can't draw it any more. I've taken goats and a couple of pigs with it. Got 5 Easton arrows, 4 of them straight, bow quiver, a stick of string wax, some broadheads and a three-finger glove, a bowsquare. I forget the name of the sight but it has a built-in level, 3 pins and a peep. It's in good nick but hasn't been used for awhile so would probably benefit from a new string. My draw length was 29". PM me if interested and I'll sort out a photo for you. I'm only looking for a coupla hundred for it for Xmas drinks.