Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sdogg73
  • 1 Post By irgnz
  • 1 Post By Daniel L

Thread: Hawkes Bay Archers? Peep sight fitting help required

Hawkes Bay Archers? Peep sight fitting help required

I recently got a new to me but secondhand compound bow. Reasonably good bow I think, I've never used a compound bow before but watched lots of your tube videos. I was having my first tutu in the backyard and it was actually pretty accurate I thought but after about 6 shots the peep sight has disappeared. It was there one shot and gone the next.

I don't have a bow press or the know how to reinstall one, is there someone or somewhere in the Hawkes Bay that anyone can recommend to fix it?

Theres a guy in havelock north selling archery gear, think he's got a press. search face book for archery hawkes bay or hawkes bay archery, something like that anyway
    Brakelie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdogg73 View Post
    Theres a guy in havelock north selling archery gear, think he's got a press. search face book for archery hawkes bay or hawkes bay archery, something like that anyway
    Thanks, that must be a Julian Dann at Broadhead archery?

Craftys hunting and fishing in Hastings
    I recently purchased my compound setup from there. They were very helpfull.( Not just a sports shop).
    They have all the gear and take the time to help.
    Brakelie likes this.

You don't need a bow press to tie in a peep sight - but a string separator is extremely useful: https://shop.bohning.com/string-separator/

I like to maintain the compound myself so it's worth looking up on youtube..... It's likely the previous owner did not tie the peep in. If it's tied in properly, it's very unlikely to be going anywhere.
    Tons of tutorials on Youtube on this topic.
    Brakelie likes this.