Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Importing compound bow from USA

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA

Importing compound bow from USA

Hey guys

Got an American mate who is selling a Triax and i am looking at getting it. Just wondering if anyone has bought a compound bow from the USA and had it shipped?
    How much roughly and where there any hang ups with customs etc if they are second hand.

Cheers
    Paddy

i was going to import but am waiting till i got there next year. there are no issues at all with customs or police (at this stage anyway)
    it was going to cost me $80 usa for bass pro to post it c/w hard case and arrows
    paddygonebush likes this.

Hi. I recently imported my PSE carbon air from the states. It cost me $1400nz including delivery. I received a customs letter once it arrived in the country and they stung me $250 to release the bow. I paid the money via their website.The were no other complications and the bow was delivered about 3 days later.

Anyone here ordered Archery items from China recently? I'm curious, as to how the delivery times, have been affected by the Covid virus.

I've got a compound bow and arrows and bits n bobs, on on their way currently, all the tracking says, these have left China and are in transit to NZ.

I saw a news item, that Air NZ had cut its cargo flights back drastically, and then in the last dew days, had started up a lot more, in order to help our exports, Crayfish and the like. This is good news, as these planes, when they take Crayfish etc to China, have to come back, and hopefully they'll bring mail and parcels, as well as stuff for The Warehouse.

And to head off any discussion about buying China made, surely, yes, you get what you pay for, in terms of price, but at the moment, I'd buy a Chinese ute over an American one, more suitable for purpose

I'm thinking that NZPost is in trouble, not just for the virus times, but before this virus thing.

Last year, I've had tracked items, that took 3 days to cross 1/2 of China, 2 days to fly to NZ and 2 and a half weeks, to get from the Auckland airport, to Birkenhead on the North Shore.

And this year I've got 3 separate $1 fishing lures, that have been in the delivery chain since January.

When I get something off Trademe, from say Christchurch, to be delivered by NZPost CourierPost, it usually comes in that little electric post cart with the regular postie, who only delivers MWF, because they say they haven't got the volume for every day delivery.

I feel the it's because they save money by only having half the posties.

They should rename NZPost to "NZ mail deliveries-Maybe".

Oh and eBay, is charging us GST, on items we buy, since that October law came in.

I had an ilf riser sent over from china with free shipping bought off ebay, took about 5 weeks in total, I wasnt in a rush for it so it was fine

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, real life experiences, that's what I was after

My Bow and other bits n bobs, is 4 weeks coming, so not too bad I guess.

My fishing stuff is 8 weeks and counting, but as it's $1-$2 lures, I'm not too concerned.

And for anyone who may be interested, in the delays at Courier Post, the service offered by NZPost, I ordered some Printer Ink from Trademe, which was couriered yesterday 7/5/2020, tracking says:

Service standard - Overnight - Estimated delivery: 12/5/2020

So what NZPost means by

"NZ Post is proud to be playing a vital role in New Zealand during the response to Covid-19, providing an essential service in delivering what Kiwis need and maintaining connections within our communities during this time of uncertainty."

is

overnight now means at least 5 days, probably a lot more.

And I think I've managed to get a handle on what's actually happening with inbound, international deliveries.

Lest people think I'm in a tizzy over my slow packages, I can assure you, that it's the marketing lies and weasel words, that upset me, not the delays, which are understandable.

So: what happens is, that even though the item may enter the NZPost Tracking system, at the point of origin in say, China, 1 month ago, the key terminology in the weasel words is - "if it’s been more than 5 working days since our tracking tool shows NZ Post received your parcel"

So the item may have been delayed in another country, it may have been flown to NZ and have passed Customs and Bio Security, put in a warehouse, but NZPost is so snowed under, that they have not scanned the item in, as "received parcel".

It's probably sitting on a pallet next to the ones that have been scanned, as "received parcel", but in order to make the delivery times and system look better, they won't scan it.

I'd like to see a tracking system that shows, Customs clearance and Bio Security clearance, I bet they wouldn't do that. Fedex do.

It stands to reason that once it's on a plane, the airline is not going to leave the plane in the air for three weeks.

Also the Customs and Bio Security folk, will be handling less traffic in these times than usual, due to minimal passengers.

It's NZPost with it's recent cost cutting and staff layoffs and closing of the Post Offices, that has no capacity, to provide the service they reckon they can.

Businesses that have been operating on a "Just in Time" basis and a knife edge to reduce costs, have no resilience when they need some reserves to keep operating, as they say they can.

Sack the Marketing People, Hire some Posties and change the name to "NZ Mail Deliveries, Maybe".

It would appear that my thesis on "what's actually happening with inbound, international deliveries." is correct, at least, the marketing weasel words, have been clarified in recent days, to reflect what I am suggesting.

They now say :

"We’re experiencing delivery delays of up to 7 working days for international parcels Due to COVID-19 we’re seeing a significant increase in parcel volumes and have delivery delays, in some cases of up to 7 working days for international parcels, once they have cleared NZ customs and have arrived with NZ Post. To help us to help you, please only contact us if our Tracking tool shows it’s been more than 7 working days since NZ Post received your parcel."

So if they clear Customs and get put in a warehouse for later, then NZPost is not responsible, until they get to the warehouse in a couple of weeks time....

They didn't say this on 3 May.

Again, I'm not having a meltdown, because all my toys are delayed in the post. They are delayed because of delays caused by the Virus thing, totally understandable, what's annoying me is that the Marketing people are lying, I know that it's a pre-requisite for the job, but if I lie, I get slammed, so Marketing folk should be lynched when they are caught lying

On a positive note, one of the $2 lures, I'd bought in January, turned up yesterday, so I'm hoping that these things will all get here eventually.

For reference: the standard domestic delivery Weasel Words are :

"We’re experiencing delivery delays of up to 5 working days We're seeing a significant increase in parcel volumes. While the majority of parcels are being delivered within 3 days, some parcel deliveries are delayed by up to 5 days. Deliveries into Auckland may be delayed by up to 10 days. To help us help you, please only contact us if our tracking tool shows it’s been more than 5 days (10 days in Auckland) since NZ Post received your parcel. We understand how important your parcels are to you and our team are working very hard to get them to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we do everything we can to keep things moving."

The Televisual Extragavaganza are showing this story now -

TV³ did a bit with a reporter, showing that NZPost are now saying it's like 4 christmases all at once,

and some shots of the Warehouse at Mangere I alluded to,

full to the brim with packages and plastic-wrapped pallets upon pallets, and really, perhaps 4 or 5 people, could be seen in the whole place.

I have but won't continue to now. I recently picked up a Bear Kuma from Trevor at arrowhead Archery. Called him up Thursday midday paid about 2pm and it was at my door set to my draw length and cams timed by 7am Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I have but won't continue to now. I recently picked up a Bear Kuma from Trevor at arrowhead Archery. Called him up Thursday midday paid about 2pm and it was at my door set to my draw length and cams timed by 7am Friday morning.
    I'm in Christchurch and he's up the far north. He's a great guy and I'm more than happy to support him. Paddy Long here in Christchurch is a good sort also but the bear filled my wants at a great price. I'll use Paddy for all my other gear. Support your local as when you need a tune the guy in Aus or the US isn't going to do it.

Correct and I'm in contact with a local, for bit's and bobs, and Ill be using him for everything, after this experience.

I know these delays are the fault of the virus, but I just can't stand the f**king lying

The main thrust of my rants above is that NZpost, which usually is an inefficient organisation, with delays in the order of a week or two, has been using marketing and lying to protect it's position when they should be telling us the truth and saying that they're not only snowed under but nearly comatose, nearly dead.

And yes, we own them, we pay their wages - "...1987, it has operated as a State Owned Enterprise (SOE) with the NZ Government as the 100% shareholder."

I found some tracking on an item 's source today, that shows that NZPost accepted my item in Auckland, on 12 April. 4 weeks, 5 days ago.

This is what they say ::

"We’re experiencing delivery delays of up to 5 working days We're seeing a significant increase in parcel volumes. While the majority of parcels are being delivered within 3 days, some parcel deliveries are delayed by up to 5 days. Deliveries into Auckland may be delayed by up to 10 days. To help us help you, please only contact us if our tracking tool shows it’s been more than 5 days (10 days in Auckland) since NZ Post received your parcel. We understand how important your parcels are to you and our team are working very hard to get them to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we do everything we can to keep things moving."

It should read ::

"We’re experiencing delivery delays of up to 35 or who knows? days. We're seeing a ginormous increase in parcel volumes. While the some of the parcels are being delivered soon-ish, some parcel deliveries are delayed by up to 35 or who knows? days. Deliveries into Auckland may be delayed by up to 35 or who knows? days. To help us help you, please only contact us if our tracking tool shows it’s been more than 35 or who knows? days ( who knows? days in Auckland) since NZ Post received your parcel. We understand how important your parcels are to you and our team are working very hard to get them to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we do everything we can to keep things moving. Oh and as far as we can tell, the parcel is not lost, but then, we won't know, until we get to the end of the huge great piles, that are gathering dust, in the warehouses out by the airport"

after all my bitching, I made a formal complaint, via their : "do nothing on receipt of this..." form. and whilst I was polite, I thought that their staff could do with a little support, as they're suffering, just like the rest of us, with this Covid-19 situation.

so I sent this with the complaint.

Name:  smile.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  57.6 KB

And just to raise my anxiety levels, this story in Stuff https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...hs-for-letters says things like:

"About 29 countries have stopped sending post to New Zealand completely due to them having no way of getting things here, a spokesperson for NZ Post said."
    "NZ Post said they could not put a timeframe on when Kiwis can expect items from overseas, saying it would depend on whether post was coming via air or sea and whether the country overseas had a backlog at their end. "
    "the NZ Post website was "full of self-praise" for its response to Covid-19, "the reality looks quite different from the end user's point of view'. "

But even this article, has a - NZPost is trying as hard as it can, but the fault is overseas, because the other end is not doing stuff - lean to it.

My BS detector went off, over a week ago, when NZPost's weasel words started to sound like someone struggling to keep their job, I feared that NZPost was actually lying and headed for a crunch.

When 3 of my 21 outstanding items, have tracking from the sender's end, that reports arrival at Auckland airport, my thesis that NZPost cannot do the job, is starting to be borne out.