Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Who used Apex Blizzard?

Come across this on the yellow site. According to info can be adjusted down to 5lbs ?Now that the new shoulder exercise seems to work might try a compound again, couldn't use one since 2004 so didn't follow the technological changes since. Was wondering if adjusting right down than slowly bringing the draw weight back up until the pain shows my limit would work. Than if there is any more improvement just adjust it up a bit more, doubt I will ever get back past 55 lbs.

At the price they go for I don't expect Mathews quality but interested to know how people find them?

Thanks
    BF
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

@Dougie I see you used to have one, how did you find it?
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    @Dougie I see you used to have one, how did you find it?
    Yo! Yeah I had mine for about three years, I never really looked after it well though so the rear sight has perished now and I also no longer trust the strings from not breaking..

I’ve shot a few goats with it. Mine arrived in the box at 55lb and I couldn’t pull it back! I enjoyed getting my form up on a lower pull then cranking it back up with more practice.

I wouldn’t shoot a deer with it.

I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Yo! Yeah I had mine for about three years, I never really looked after it well though so the rear sight has perished now and I also no longer trust the strings from not breaking..

I’ve shot a few goats with it. Mine arrived in the box at 55lb and I couldn’t pull it back! I enjoyed getting my form up on a lower pull then cranking it back up with more practice.

I wouldn’t shoot a deer with it.

I hope this helps!

Thanks. What was you didn't like about it? Is it not accurate enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Thanks. What was you didn't like about it? Is it not accurate enough?
    Not grunty enough for a deer. Also I don’t particularly enjoy watching animals bleed to death. Bunnies and birds are the best for the bow I reckon.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

That's not a problem for me, injured my shoulder socket years ago that's why I like the idea of adjust. draw weight. I kept buying bows every few years hoping that over time it will get better but the joint just couldn't handle the pressure.
    Will keep an eye on the used bow section on TM and give it a try.

Thanks for the info.