Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Towely
  • 2 Post By carlhurley

Thread: Building an open grade CZ

Building an open grade CZ

A mate has broken his old Tanfoglio open pistol and he's looking at the GBC SP01 open pistols from gunsupplies thinking they're up there with the Czechmate. But seeing as they're built off an SP01 frame and the czechmate is off a TS frame i don't reckon it'll be worth the $3800 price.

I reckon he's better off buying an SP01 for $1400, send it to Chris Gee to fit a Single action trigger and trigger work, then either swap his optics over or throw on a cmore

There's a few knowledgeable shooters here, what alternatives would you suggest?

It will break, 9mm at major stresses the hell out of stuff, If it gets a lot of use that is

If he wants to go open go with a proven platform that will last unless of course he is loaded and doesn't mind spending money
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

He's looking at the "USED GBC SP-01 Open Division 9mm Minor Pistol" so he's happy shooting minor

If hes in it purely for fun then go the minor, but if he has a competitive bone in his body or thinks maybe he may get a little more serious at a later date then hes wasting money and should pick up something capable of handling major pf. Unless they give us a carry optics division then the second hand retail market wont be too flash if he decides that open isnt his thing.

A fellow club member offered me a czechmate on behalf of someone else a few weeks ago, for 200 more than those shadow open things gs are selling. Pm me if you want and i will see if i can find out some more.
    Kscott and mikee like this.

He's been shooting major open 9mm for 15 years but isn't going to be blowing anyones socks off competitively, and mostly only shoots club and occasional interclub. So he really is happy to stick to drop to minor.
    He's near retirement so this pistol will have a 10-15yr lifespan
    Pm incoming, doubt it's as much of a steal as my czechmate

I had a trijicon rmr sitting around so got a mount from cz custom and put it on my sp01 Name:  IMGcz spo1.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  789.1 KBName:  IMGspo2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  792.9 KB
    Beaker and Scouterkotare like this.

That's what i reckon he should do

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    ANy chance you have a rear sight pusher tool @carlhurley that could lent or hired?

spanners I just used a hammer and taper punch

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    24oz with a big swing wont move mine..

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    Must have been loose. Even with the correct tool mine took a bit of persuading.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Dont know if it helps. I once had a Tangfolio barrel shaped to fit into a cz75 I think the Tfg barrel was a match barrel ...it was definitely long as I put a comp on it. It was a cheap option to get a "race gun" I ran major in it for a short while when that became the rave but ended up just popping along with minor pf.

He ended up buying a 2nd hand Darkside. Now I have another mate wanting to get similar

A fellow club member offered me a czechmate on behalf of someone else a few weeks ago, for 200 more than those shadow open things gs are selling. Pm me if you want and i will see if i can find out some more.